Statues and Snakes

"You see my dad on the highway to hell... Kick his ass for me."

Luke patted both Percy and Grover on the shoulders whispering something to them as we all walked out onto the creeky porch of cabin eleven. Luke gave Annabeth a good-bye hug and she looked like she just might pass out.

Before I could step off the porch of the cabin a hand grabbed my wrist. I turned around to see Luke. He smiled and leaned down to eye level with me, I mean he's a literal foot taller than me, his icy cold blue eyes stared into my own soft blue ones.

"Don't do anything too stupid." He said with that damn smile of his.

"No promises," I said as I felt him place his left hand on my cheek, brushing some of my blonde hair to the side. I felt like someone was watching but I soon shrugged it off right before Luke's lips connected with mine. I felt my legs turn to jelly as my heart raced

'this was all I ever wanted kiss back you idiot!' 

My mind was racing as if trying to find any memory of how to move my body or mouth. But it was too late to kiss back now. My heart sank as his lips left mine. Why couldn't he have done this when I didn't have to leave so fast?

"Come back alive. Preferably in one piece." He said as he ran his thumb across my lips giving me that smirk of his. "After all...What's a king of a new age without his queen" He whispered into my ear before letting me go. "Now go on." 

...

(BACK TO THE MOVIE/MY IMAGINATION PLOT CAUSE I'M LAZY)

We stepped off the bus, thanking the driver who looked at the four of us like we were insane..to be fair he probably thought we were drug dealers or something. I mean four kids getting off at the most run down looking garden emporium looks pretty shady.

The place was full of statues like I'm not just talking about garden gnomes. I mean like really realistic statues...

"This place could really use a makeover." Grover said as we got closer towards the building. It was amazing the doors even opened or the fact the flickering 'Open' sign still worked.

"Hello?" I called out into the empty, ivy-covered store.

"Anyone home in Auntieville?" Grover called with no surprise when there was no answer. "Hey, check it out, free sodas." He said as him and Annabeth walked up to the chest cooler. I lost my shit when both of them screamed, finding nothing but rats inside the clearly broken cooler. "That's just nasty. The health department needs to give this place an F."

I looked at the handful of statues inside the main building before walking past a small fountain. 'Wait did I just see...' I took a few steps back, looking down into the fountain. "Hey guys, check this out." I said, rolling up the sleeve of my dark gray hoodie and reaching into the surprisingly clean water of the fountain. I pulled out a handful of gold Drachma, shaking them dry a bit before holding them out towards my three friends.

"Nice...But what are they?" Percy asked, looking at them.

"Gold Drachma," Annabeth said, sounding exasperated. "We talked about them in our lessons." 

"They mean we're on the right track," I said, trying to dry them off a bit more. "Here," I said, holding them out towards Percy. "They might come in handy." He nodded, pocketing them.

"How are we gonna find a pearl in a place like this?" Percy asked, looking at us.

"Lets split up. Check everything." Annabeth said. We split up going out in different ways through the large greenhouse. I was soon joined by Annabeth thought. "That was some kiss with Luke you had back there." She said.