Goodbyes

Skyler's POV

Annabeth and I watched from next to Thalia's tree, silently watching as Percy said his goodbyes to his mother. "You can come to visit me anytime" I heard Sally say as she and Percy walked towards us.

"Just promise me that I don't have to see that loser Gabe ever again," Percy said as he turned to face his mother.

I heard Sally give a small chuckle "I kicked him out. He's gone. He's out of our lives forever."

"Finally" I heard Percy say with a smile.

Sally chuckled again and placed her hand on Percy's cheek. He adjusted his backpack on his shoulder and hugged her. "I'm gonna miss you." I heard him say

"Me too." She said. She looked over at me and Annabeth and smiled "You two take care of him for me." She said to us with a smile.

"We will!" Annabeth and I said at the same time both of us smiling back at her. Percy walked over to join us and we all waved to Sally as we walked down the hill into camp.

Percy's POV

We were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, so of course, everybody treated us as if we'd won some reality-TV contest. According to camp tradition, at least it's what Skye said, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where we got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for us in our absence.

Annabeth's shroud was beautiful, gray silk with embroidered owls but Skyler's... Skyler's was gorgeous. Her's was made of gold silk, much like Apollo's robe back on Olympus, embroidered with suns and music notes. I told her it seemed a shame not to bury her in it. Her cheeks flushed and she ended up punching me gently in the shoulder, telling me to shut up.

Being the son of Poseidon, I didn't have any cabin mates, so the Ares cabin had volunteered to make my shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. 

It was fun to burn.  

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, I was surrounded by my old Hermes cabinmates, Skyler's and Annabeth's friends, and a recently returned Grover and his satyr buddies.

...

Skyler's POV

The morning after our return everything went back to normal. I was up at first light, like the rest of my half siblings. The Apollo cabin glittered in the suns light by the time I was making my way to the training arena.

By the time I had my practice armor on a couple of campers had gathered and asked me for either help with something or a sparring session. Now that Luke was gone I was sure to pick up some of the newcomer training sessions he used to teach...

After an hour of helping campers and the occasional defeat of a group of Ares kids, I sighed, looking around for a new sparring partner. "Who's next?" I asked, looking at another group of Ares kids but before any of them could step up I heard someone from behind me speak up.

"I think I'd like to give it a shot."

I turned to see Percy with his hand up and a small smile over his lips. I smiled and walked up to him. "You sure?" I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder gently.

"I think I can handle it." He said, his smile turning into a cocky smirk.

"I'm not doubting you can't" I muttered as I leaned in like I was going to kiss his cheek but grabbed the training sword from his hand, stepping back from him and pointed his own sword at his throat. "But rule number one is never let your opponent distract you," I said, smirking at him. He sighed and shook his head with a small smile, gesturing for his sword back.

I gave him his sword back, readying myself. We stood there for a second before we began attacking each other in swift movements. We both blocked and parried each other's attacks like a dance. He dodged my final attack then hit the flat of his blade against my wrist, in a swift movement disarming me and sending my sword flying from my hand. His sword pointed at my chest as he gave me the cockiest smile I've seen not on a Hermes kid.

"Do you surrender?" He asked, leaning in towards me. I was trying to find some kind of comeback for him but sighed in defeat. He smirked and lowered the training sword, picking up my gold weapon and giving it back to me. "Looks like I win." He said.

"Okay, okay you won fair and square," I mumbled.

"Now you owe me something don't you?" He said with a smirk.

"What is it that you want?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"I want a kiss." He said with a smirk.

I felt my cheeks burning with heat, I crossed my arms "Not gonna happen." I mumbled, looking away from him.

"You sure?" I could see him smiling out of the corner of my eye as he inched closer to me, he put his hands on my waist, looking down at me into my blue eyes with his sea green ones. I put one hand on his cheek the other on his shoulder. He leaned in gently pressing his lips against mine, It was a soft yet passionate kiss like he was telling me every little feeling through his lips. I returned the soft passion. Kissing Percy was nothing like kissing Luke had been, Luke's kiss was rough and somewhat controlling..but Percy's was calm and gentle.

I felt like I could get lost in his kiss but before I could continue my thought someone cleared their throat from behind us. Percy pulled away, breaking the kiss. Percy and I looked up to see Annabeth and Grover standing behind us. They both had stupid grins on their faces.

"Seem's training's going well." Grover mocked.

"You two having fun there?" Annabeth asked.

"Oh shut up" I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

Percy still had one arm around my waist as he scratched the back of his neck with his other hand, giving them a small smile. Before Percy or anyone else could say anything the horn was blown letting the campers know it was time for lunch. Grover and Annabeth rushed off to go to the dining pavilion.

Percy and I walked together, smiling. We reached the dining pavilion and he kissed my forehead, removing his arm from around my waist.

"Percy. I'm-- I'm going home with Will till next summer.." I said softly, my hand sliding into his. Percy stared at me in silence for a moment before nodding slowly. "You won't try anything stupid during the school year, will you? At least...not without sending me an Iris-message?"

He managed a smile. "I won't go looking for trouble. I usually don't have to." He said with a small chuckle.

 "When I get back next summer," she said, "We'll stop Luke. We'll ask for a quest, but if we don't get approval, we'll sneak off and do it anyway. Agreed?"

"Sounds like a plan."

I gave him a small smile and kissed his cheek gently. "Take care, Seaweed Brain. Keep your eyes open."

"You too, Sunshine."