PART TWO ↴

PART TWO:THE TAPES

PART TWO:
THE TAPES

         THIRTEEN felt like he had come full circle.

His breath steamed a harsh mist in front of his eyes as he followed Hopper through the carpark, heading for the wide open glass doors of the building, waiting like gaping, desperate jaws for him to march inside so the monstrous place could swallow him whole. The sky above was set low and the white clouds, the same shade of very, very pale grey as the familiar lab coats, rumbled with an oncoming storm as they raged above the building's wide, cross-shaped roof.

"Alright, kid," Hopper began, sending him a sideways glance. "Remember what we went through? I know you're not very good at writing, but if they still are who they once were, they'll be desperate. They'll do anything to get you to sign something. Don't let them force you into anything. Don't try to bargain; leave that to me. And don't give away names, especially any of the kids, and don't give away what we know about the Demogorgon. We can use all of that in the bargain."

"Okay. I remember."

"Good kid."

Sucking in a deep breath, THIRTEEN followed Chief Hopper across the threshold of Hawkin's Lab.

Home.

• • • • • • •

the aftermath ;;
1. syml; where's my love | 2. daughter; medicine | 3. jaymes young; i'll be good | 4. birdy; not about angels | 5. lorde; liability | 6. dean lewis; waves | 7. missio; can i exist

Author's Note:
This part is set between season one and two. don't worry, this part is going to be very short, maybe only three chapters or so and the chapters won't be too long, maybe around 1500 words compared to my usual 3000+. I just thought it would be interesting and important to show how the deal is made between hopper&the lab and thirteens grieving process, both in unique ways.
I was inspired by this book I read called Thirteen Minutes by Sarah somebody (can't remember her last name lol), and it's a very good book so I recommend reading it :)