Chapter 2

After dinner, Cato and I head to our separate rooms, his room is across the hall from mine. As I walk to my room, he follows me. He reaches his room and turns the handle to his door and is about to step in when I say 'Goodnight, Cato' . He looks at me and smiles, 'Goodnight, Clove' and shuts his door. I walk in to my room and crawl in to bed. I fall asleep instantly 

------------

I wake up and lucky it was peaceful. The beds are so comfy in the Capitol. I turn over to see a note from Enobaria on my nightstand that reads:

Hey Clove!

Meet us in the lobby at 8:00am, be dressed and don't be late! There are some clothes in the draw 

Best

Enobaria xx

I check the time and it's 7:45am. I've still got 15 minutes to get ready. I open the draw of the nightstand and see a ice blue singlet shirt and nude shorts which I slip on. I tie my hair in a simple bun and leave my room. Just as I leave my room, I see Cato leave his at the same time, holding a note. 'Hey' he says. I smile at him 'Hi' I respond. He checks his watch 'We have 5 minutes, I suggest we leave now.' 'Sounds good' I say and follow him out the door. We get out of the elevator to see Brutus and Enobaria waiting for us on chairs. 'Hey guys!' Says Brutus rather cheerfully. 'Hey, so where are we going today?' Asks Cato. 'We are going to the chariot centre' says Enobaria 'follow us.' We walk to the doors that we entered to go through yesterday. We are in a car and I'm looking out the window at all of the sights in the Capitol. I'm amazed about how pretty all of the scenery is here, there is nothing like this back home in 2.  We arrive after the very quick drive. We get out of the car and arrive at an empty grey building with a heap of seats and a huge alley down the middle. 'This will be were the chariots come down tonight' says Brutus 'We wanted you guys to see it' We look around, it's empty. 'It's huge' I say 'What will we be wearing?' Enobaria and Brutus look at each other ' We don't know' says Enobaria, ' but make sure you have your game face on, today will decide if you get sponsors' i smile 'Don't worry Enobaria' I say nudging Cato playfully 'we will'

--------

I'm in a dressing room getting ready for the chariots. A makeup artist is doing my makeup when there is a knock on the door. A man walks in, dressed in all dark green walks up to me. He offers his hand to shake 'I'm Errisus, your stylist' . I shake his hand 'Clove' I say. Errisus looks at the makeup artist and says 'Ate you done? She needs to get dressed.' The makeup artist nods and leaves. 'Am I wearing something fabulous tonight?' I ask. He nods 'You'll look like a gladiator goddess.' I grin, I'm excited! I never have been 'pampered' as the Capitol call it before. 'Shall we?' Errisus asks, offering to link my arm with his. I link arms with him 'Yes, lead the way' I say. He takes me in to a room where I see my costume on a mannequin. I gasp, it's beautiful. I have a gold head piece with large wings on the side. The top has almost scale like pieces going up the neck and down the chest. My pants has a  flowy bit of fabric starting at the top of the golden tights and my sparkly boots are so high that it makes me almost taller than Cato. I smile at Errisus 'Thank you, its stunning' I say. 'Try it on!' He exclaimes, 'i can't wait to see it on you'

I return out of the dressing room shortly after showing Errisus my costume. He grins and squeals, clapping his hands ang jumping up and down. I laugh as I twirl around 'Thank you again' I say, hugging him. 'Of course! Now come on, let's get you on this chariot and show them what district 2 is made of!' We walk to the chariot where Cato is there dressed exactly the same as me. 'You ready?' He asks. 'I was born ready' I say. The Panem anthem starts to play and we hop on the chariot. In front of us is District 1, are in pink fluffy costumes. As I wave to the crowd and put on the same smile I did on the train, I hear people cheer for us. But then the cheering stops only to be replaced be screams as I turn around and see District 12s chariot, they have synthetic fire coming out of their chariot and their costumes. I see the girl who volunteered for her sister as she raises her hands with the boy, the same way I did with Cato on the train. Cato doesn't seem to notice until I start waving and blowing kisses to the crowd. As we come to a stop, I find the girl from 12 and meet her eyes. I smile kindly at her, and she smiles back. I look to see president snow making a speech, only thinking that I might have an ally. As 12s meet with their mentor, we meet with our stylists. Cato just stares at them the whole time with anger in his eyes. 'Cato, don't stare' I whisper. But he totally ignored me. He was too busy scoping out the competition.

------- 

We return back to the apartment and I'm exhausted. I immediately walk to my room and get in my pyjamas. I walk out to the living room where Cato is there with Enobaria and Brutus, who didn't come to the chariot because they had to meet with District 1s mentors about our stupid alliance. 'You guys looked great!' Says Brutus, 'District 12s one was great too'. I think back to the girl. I don't know her name but she seems nice. Cato coughs 'Yeah, 12 was ok.' Before going to bed. I bid the mentors goodnight and head to bed myself. Tomorrow is my first day of training and I really want to impress the girl from 12.

-------- 

It's the first day of training and I'm in the elevator with Cato heading down to the training centre. We arrive and everything is in full swing. Archery, high ropes course and.. knife throwing. I run to the knife throwing section and read the instructions. I grab a knife and I start throwing. One after the other, either landing in the head, chest or stomach, I was a natural. I left and I felt all of the other tributes eyes on me, including 12. I walk to Cato and the girl from 1. The girl introduces herself as Glimmer, and I shake her hand. The boy from her district is Marvel. He's quite tall and is deadly with a spear. We all get along quite well, considered that they are going to kill me eventually. Cato stares down the boy from 12, who just fell off the ropes course. Cato, Glimmer and Marvel all laugh, but I don't. I take a breath and smile evilly at him. I have to do this to survive, i have to be bad. 

---------- 

I'm back after training with Cato and we are both so tired. I hop in the shower and wash my body from all of the sweat from the knife throwing. I get out and get changed in to the clothes I wore yesterday. I head to the living room to see Brutus sitting alone 'Where's Cato?' I ask. 'I thought he was with you' says Brutus. I groan and head back to my room. There's a note on my bed that wasn't there when I left

Down at the training centre, 

C

I run to the elevator and press the button to head to the training centre. As the doors open can see him at the sword fighting mannequins. I run to him 'Cato!' I shout and he turns to me 'You can't be down here!' I shout 'They'll kick you out!' He just laughs and says 'Do you trust me?' I nod 'Good' he purrs. I start to feel strange. He walks towards me and before I know it he's in front of me. He grabs the back of my neck and kisses me. It's like fireworks, and it's so magical. I grab the small of his back and run my fingers through his hair. He pulls away and I'm still shocked. 'Why did you do that?' I ask softly. He responds with 'Why not?'