Chapter 8

'CATO!!' I yell as I'm running toward his screams. Hollister is behind me. I find Cato, covered in blood. 'Cato, oh my god' I say. He's crying. I sit beside him and hold his hand. 'Cato this is Hollister, he's from 3.' Cato smiles at him 'Nice to meet you, sorry you have to see me this way'. 'It's okay' says Hollister kindly 'we will stay with you'. Cato looks at me and brushes a strand of hair out of my face. 'I love you' I say. 'I love you too' he says. I kiss him one last time. He squeezes my hand. 'Fox face?' I ask. He nods, 'Came out of nowhere'. 'She's clever' says Hollister. I see flickers of Katniss in Catos eyes, the way she went was just as bad as that. 'Did you get her?' Asks Cato. I shake my head '11 got there first'. There are tears in my eyes now, from Katniss and Cato. He puts something in my hand. 'For you' he says. I open my hand to reveal the most beautiful ring in the world. Cato coughs as he puts it on my right ring finger. 'Until you can have my last name' he says. I start crying 'Stay with me, you were meant to win'. He shakes his head and points to Hollister and I. 'One of us should win?' I ask. He nods, he can't speak now. His breathing becomes heavy. 'No no no, please babe stay' I say panicking. His eyelids flicker. He closes his eyes and his cannon sounds. Tears are blurring my vision. I start to feel sick. I throw up by a tree. I lay next to him, stroking his hair one last time. 'I love you, always will' I say. I stand up 'Lets stick this bitch' I say to Hollister.

We walk around the arena. We see no trace of her. 'She's gotta be here somewhere' I say. Hollister looks into the distance and sees her coming towards us with a numchuck. Hollister fires a arrow at her, she dodges. I throw a knife from my belt and it hits a tree. She reaches us. Running towards Hollister, she slashes his throat. 'NO!' I scream. His cannon fires. I look at his body, covered in red blood gushing from his throat. I look away, knowing that one of my best friends has just lost his life. 'You kill Cato and now him?' I say 'You must hate me'. She nods 'Oh yes, very much'. I throw a knife at her hand, forcing her to drop the numchuck. She comes towards me, I realise I have no knives left. I take the blow, her punching my face as I scream in pain. She aims for my mouth, knocking out my 2 front teeth. I howl in pain as she sits on my leg. I push her off me and push her into a tree. 'Damn, feisty' she says evilly. 'You killed my best friend and my boyfriend in the same day, you must have some nerve' I growl. 'Oh that's sweet, you don't think I killed 12? I was working with Thresh and I told her to kill her for me'. I look at her with menacing eyes. I tackle her to the ground. I suddenly remember as I'm on top of her, 4s knife! I take it out of my pocket. I hold it above her chest. I have to do it, for Katniss, for Cato, for Hollister. I plunge the knife into her chest. I continue to stab her her blood on my face. I finish the job with 3 more stabs. One for Katniss, one for Cato and one for Hollister. Her cannon fires and I stand. I look to the sky, knowing her family is watching in horror. 'Ladies and gentlemen, the victor of the 74th annual hunger games, Clove Kentwell'. I run to the cornicopia, tears in my eyes. I did it Fi, I won. I cry. I met the best people in this journey. But know there gone. But I am here, standing victorious for them. I remember Hollister. I go back. I see his body in blood. His brown eyes wide. I close his eyes. I get his bow and put it in his hand. I lie him on his back, removing the quiver of arrows. I see flowers in the distance. I grab them and decorate his body with flowers. When I'm done, I place a kiss on his head 'I'm sorry' I whisper. And walk to the cornicopia.