Chapter 9

I won the hunger games. For my boyfriend, my sister, my friends who lost their lives. I reach the cornicopia, panting for air. The hovercraft lowers and picks me up, I begin to wonder who would of killed me, how would I have died. I'm still crying. I'm in the hovercraft now and I see Errisus. I haven't seen him in so long. I run towards him and hug him 'You did it, Clove, I knew you could' he says. 'Now let's fix your teeth, we don't want your interview with Ceaser with you looking like a rabbit' I laugh, 'Can I shower first?' I ask. He nods and points to  a room. I walk in there almost in tears again. I strip off and get in the shower.

Cato. Katniss. Hollister. My three favourite people in the arena. I sit on the shower floor crying. Not because of how good the shower feels but because I did it, for them. I won the games. I defeated my expectations. I get out of the shower and walk to the mirror. I look like I have lost at least 5 pounds due to my lack of nutrition. I then look at my teeth. They're still there but the bottom of them are jagged. I run my finger over them, feeling the roughness of them. I see other injuries that I didn't know were there. Black eye, bruises  on my body, my leg which almost looks infected. I wrap myself up in a towel and walk out of the shower. Errisus is waiting for me as I walk out of the shower room. He leads me to an area where there is a chair. A lady is sharpening her tool. 'Hello Clove, I'm Farina, I'll be fixing your teeth today.' I nod a hello at her and sit in the chair. I'm holding on to my towel as she puts an electric toothbrush on my teeth. I wince in pain, but as it continues it gets more and more bareable. After what feels like forever she hands me a mirror. I see my new teeth for the first time. There white and beautiful. 'Thank you' i say to Farina. She grabs my hand  'Congratulations again'. I get out of the chair and walk to Errisus leads me to a room, 'You ready to get glam again?' He asks. I nod 'Just no champagne this time'. He laughs 'Okay, its in the next room'. He takes me in to a room where my dress, jewelry and shoes are presented. My dress takes my breath away, it has flowers on it, blue, orange, pink and creme. My boots are a caramel color with a little bit of a heal and possibly reaching my knees. My necklace is like a choker, black with a pearl hanging off it. I look at Errisus 'It's stunning' I say. 'Cato chose it' he says. This makes tears come rushing to my eyes. I bite my lip. 'Makeup and hair?' He asks. 'Yeah' I say and I sit down on a chair. My hair is simple yet elegant. A high ponytail with a black scrunchie. My makeup is beautiful. My thick and wild eyebrows are tamed with product and my eye makeup is gold thick glitter and winged eyeliner. My eyelashes are big and fake, but I don't care, because I look like a victor. 

 'Ladies and gentlemen, this years victor, Clove Kentwell!' I walk on stage with a grin on my face.  I look great, my scar on my leg is gone  as well as my black eye. I reach Ceaser and hug him. I sit down .'Clove you look great!' Says Ceaser 'Thank you!' I say 'Cato chose it before he died' I say trying not to break. 'Let's play some of our favourite Clove moments from the games' says Ceaser. I see me killing the boy from 9. The girl from 3. When I met Katniss. When I killed Glimmer. When I met Peeta. When Marvel died. When I hugged my knives. When I made an alliance with Katniss. When we met Hollister. When Katniss died. When Cato died. When Hollister died. When I killed Foxface. They all come flooding back to me. These will be haunting my nightmares for the rest of my life. 'So Clove, watching that vision, how do you feel?' I look at Ceaser. 'Honestly? I think I'll be okay' 

That was the biggest lie I've ever told.