Getting Settled

Albuquerque International Airport, New Mexico

Filming starts in a couple of days for Spielberg’s film Demons starring Tom Hiddleston and Benedict Cumberbatch. They are only filming here for about a week because there are only a few scenes to shoot in Albuquerque’s desert.  Benedict had been here a couple of days before today to get used to the setting; he has never filmed here before whereas Tom has for the Avengers in 2011. Tom walks through the terminal with a suitcase and backpack, wearing black jeans and a grey t-shirt. He looks a little jet-lagged but excited to be back in Albuquerque filming. He is greeted by Megan, who is his make-up artist, dresser and basically his support for the upcoming film. She will help him throughout the film but she cannot wait to be working for Tom Hiddleston. She is a Marvel fan and indeed a massive Loki fan. “Hello Mr Hiddleston, it is pleasure to meet you. My name is Megan and I will be doing everything for you in this upcoming film. Anything you need just ask.”

“The pleasure is all mine, Megan.” He says leaning down to kiss her on her cheek. “Please call me Tom not Mr Hiddleston. I have heard a lot about you from my manager. I cannot wait to spend more time with you” Megan takes Tom suitcase, with difficulty because Tom insists he should take it but she wins the battle and pulls Tom’s suitcase towards the car. Tom greets his driver, Mark, and slips into the back of the car sitting next to Megan.

Hotel in Albuquerque

Megan and Tom walk into the Lobby in the hotel that the actors will be staying in this week during filming. Tom is now carrying his bags because he insisted. Megan goes up to the receptionist to get Tom’s room key and details whilst Tom stands, taking in the changes the hotel have made in the last few years. It is the same hotel he stayed in whilst filming the Avengers but there have been noticeable alterations made to the lobby. The walls used to be a deep cream and the furniture brown by the doors with the reception at the far end of the room. Now, the walls are a sandy colour and the furniture is a turquoise colour. It reminds Tom of the beach. Megan retrieves the room key from the receptionist and beckons Tom to the lift. Tom obliges and follows her and smirks when he notices the room number on the key which she passes to him. “What?” Megan asks.

“Same room as last time, when I was Loki, it is a lovely room.” Megan tries to supress a smile from creeping to her face but fails. “Why are you smiling? That sounds terrible…of course you should be happy but why the sudden grin?” Tom asks.

“Sorry, I wasn’t going to say but I am a bit of a Loki fan.” Megan blushes.

“Mortal adores the god of mischief, a true king.” Tom says in his best Loki voice. Megan feels like screaming, in a good way, but keeps her cool as the lift door opens. She walks Tom to his room and passes him his schedule. “Call me if you need me, see you later.” Megan says before leaving.

Tom dumps his bags in the room and collapses on the bed. He is tired and feels like sleeping but he decides to look at the schedule. It says:

Monday 21st April: -Crew arrives

                                     -Briefing: Steph about looking after Benedict

                                     -Briefing: Meg about looking after Tom

Tuesday 22nd April: -Crew set up properly

Wednesday 23rd April: -Benedict arrives

Thursday 24th April: -Briefing: Extras

Friday 25th April: -Tom arrives

                                  -Dinner: Tom, Benedict, Steven, Steph and Meg at eight o’clock