Humming

A/n (20/05/14) image on the right shows that Ben and Amanda are actually friends so don't take this story to heart. The youtube clip is just what actually happened on filming day.

21st August – North Gower Street (Fake Baker Street for BBC Sherlock)

Sherlock series three filming is well under a way and today Benedict is filming on North Gower Street (the fake Baker Street for BBC Sherlock). Benedict arrives and the crowd of 400 fangirls go wild. He grins and waves at them. Mark (Gatiss) rushes over to Benedict all flustered. “Small issue, your make-up artist has just quit. It is something about a baby or something.” Mark trails off.

“It’s ok, I am sure Steph will do my make-up if she is around.” Benedict stands smiling. He reaches in his pocket, well the pocket of his long, Sherlock coat and grabs his phone. He dials Steph’s mobile number. “Hey Steph…are you free now…need a new make-up artist for Sherlock if you’re okay with that…ok thanks see you in a minute.” Mark punches the air relieved.

\~.~.~.~.~/

Filming is going well and the cast are having a lunch break. Amanda has brought everyone pizza. Martin, Steph, Ben and Amanda are sitting at a table outside of Speedies café discussing the scripts and filming whilst shoving pizza in their mouths. Amanda starts to hum. “What are you humming?!” Benedict outbursts this shocks Amanda.

“The Ellie Goulding song…it was on the radio whilst I was in the car…” She stutters. Martin and Steph look heaven wards because they know why Ben is so abrupt about it. Benedict gets up and kicks away his chair whilst having a go at Amanda. She just sits there clueless whilst the crowds gasp at his abrupt behaviour. “I’ve had enough of this!” He shouts as he climbs into a car and drives off. They are only half way through the day of filming but the cast and crew knows that he won’t be coming back soon.

Tom’s Apartment

Tom’s POV

I am so bored! Must not shoot a wall though (Sherlock reference) – eheheheheh. I have learnt my scripts and read fan mail. I have nothing to do. I know I could do something that no celebrity dare. I will google myself. (Duh duh duhhhhh). Let’s see. There are recent reviews on Demons, me playing the piano at MTV, is that still going viral?! Yes, it is. Wow. There is some creepy fan art and fan fictions but also some quite cute ones.

Ok what else to do. I could search Ben, or is that creepy? Nope too late, I’ve already typed it. Oh my, there is some really recent stuff from about an hour ago. ‘Sherlock Storms of Set’ the title of the article reads. ‘They were filming on North Gower Street, loads of fans and he (Benedict Cumberbatch) has a go at Amanda Abbington for no apparent reason whilst Martin Freeman and make-up artist Stephanie’, oh yes Steph, didn’t know that she is working on Sherlock now. ‘Star Martin Freeman, told the crowds that filming has ended due to a disturbance from Benedict whilst Stephanie comforted Amanda.’ Wonder what the hell that was about!

Benedict’s flat

Benedict has just got changed out of his costume and is now lying on the sofa, avoiding his phone and the questions that could be asked. There is a knock on the door. He ignores it but the knocking gets louder so he opens it. It is Martin and he looks red-faced angry. He storms in and straight away confronts Ben. “I know what that was about but why the hell do you think you have the fucking right to shout at my partner like that, disrupt filming and put a bad image on us all. I know you like Tom but that is no excuse to do what you just did! I mean Amanda is feeling terrible and Steph is currently explaining to her what is going on!”

“Martin I’m-” Ben begins but Martin interrupts.

“I don’t want your fucking apologies! Just…I can’t even talk to you now!” Martin storms out leaving Ben feeling guilty.

Later that evening – Ben’s flat

Ben is still moping around on the sofa. There is another knock on the door, this time he ignores it. “Ben? I know you are in there man!” Tom calls. Benedict sits up suddenly, shocked to hear Tom’s voice, they never speak anymore and now he was around his flat. He walks towards the door and ruffles his hair. When he opens it he sees a concerned Tom wearing his sky blue shirt. Ben smiles, he loves that shirt. “I heard what happened today man, are you okay. It was so out of character.” Tom states and Ben becomes shifty as he moves out the way so Tom can enter.

“I thought you were Martin, that’s why I was ignoring it. Let’s just say he isn’t very happy with me. I don’t blame him; I shouldn’t had said those things to Amanda or sabotaged filming. It was so inconsiderate of me.” Ben explains, Tom sits on the sofa and nods whilst sticking his feet on the coffee table. Ben raises his eyebrow and Tom moves his feet off the table, Ben smiles.

“Why did you have your little outburst if you don’t mind me asking?” Tom asks and Ben shrugs his shoulders. He doesn’t want to tell Tom but he knows that he has to tell him some time. “Ben?” Tom says, slightly concerned that Benedict hasn’t replied yet.

“Sorry, was somewhere else. We were sitting eating pizza…”

“I know, I’ve seen the video, but you just cannot make out what is being said.” Tom cuts in. Benedict furrows his eyebrows in confusion. “One of the fangirls was filming at the time.”

“Shit.” Benedict states whilst sighing and running his hands down his face. “I feel really bad. All she was doing was humming!”

“Was that it?! What’s the big deal then?” Tom asks, shocked.

“It was the song.” Benedict begins and exhales. “She was humming our song.” Tom just sits there speechless; most people do not see him being speechless because he is not chatty guy on the TV. “I think…I think I’m in love with you Thomas William Hiddleston.” Ben grins worriedly because he is glad he has said it but nervous of what is to follow. Nothing follows, Tom is still speechless. “Please say something…”

“I like you, a lot Ben but I don’t think I can do this. I couldn’t deal with the secrets, the media and I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I am sorry.” Tom rises from his seat and leaves the flat, not turning back.

22nd August – The Freeman Household

Benedict knocks on the door to Martin’s house, nervous and twiddling his thumbs. The door opens, Martin opens it smiling but then his smile fades when he sees Ben. “I’ve come to talk to you guys, are the kids here?” Martin shakes his head and lets Ben enter. “Where is Amanda?” Martin points to the sitting room, he has not said a word the whole time Ben has been there, and he is obviously still pissed off. They walk into the sitting room where Amanda is sitting drinking coffee. She looks a little startled to see Ben standing there. “I’ve come to apologise and to explain myself.” Ben states.

“Steph did the explaining yesterday when you buggered off.” Amanda replies. Ben apologises sincerely to Amanda and Martin, but mainly Amanda. He then explains what happened last night with Tom, he bursts into tears but leaves the house before going any further.

After the door slams Martin says, “I am worried about him. I have never seen him like this before, ever!” 

A/n edited on 10/03/15