Chapter One: Result Of It All

It was fifth period by the time they all got back. The principal had asked about where they were. Spyder came to the rescue with a very convincing lie. Well, it wasn't all that convincing, but it was enough to get the principal off their backs. They had a few minutes before the period actually started. Instead of talking to them, Ryan distanced himself from the group. Once those doors had opened and they were inside, he left. The others watched him go up the stairs. Dane and Sean had joined them soon after. They were coming down the stairs, but saw their best friend's brother running up. That puzzled them.

"Yo Walker!" Sean called.

"Dude, what's up with your brother?" Dane asked.

Mark sighed.

"He's just mad." He answered.

"Why?" Dane questioned further.

"He's mad at me." Mark clarified.

"Again, why?" Sean asked.

"It's personal. Let's go." Mark replied, not really open to talk about it.

He walked past the both of them. The two sophomores looked at the freshman. Harris gave them a look and they shrugged. The two caught up with their friend.

"Seth Harper? I mean seriously, that's insane. You sure the tests are right?" Spyder questioned.

"I don't know. Leo's the one who did them. Besides, if it wasn't right, than it wouldn't of been kept a secret." Harris answered back.

"Well is anyone gonna talk to him?" Veracity asked.

The boys looked at her.

"I mean, I wouldn't know what to say exactly. It's Seth. It's not like you lost $20 in the street and someone else took it." Harris responded.

"That did happen to me! And I was hungry that day man! Could've bought a sandwich." Spyder complained.

"I told you it wasn't spent. I found it and gave it back to you." Harris told him.

"No you didn't! You took it and gave to your sister." Spyder argued.

"That was MY $20! And she was being very feisty that day." Harris replied.

"Hey!" Veracity shouted.

The boys stopped. The female genius sighed.

"Let me take a shot at it." Veracity suggested.

She walked away and headed up the stairs. Harris watched her go as Spyder still looked upset. The young, brilliant minded boy stared back at him.

"What?" Harris asked.

Spyder shook his head as he began to walk away.

"$20 bill stealer." He accused.

Harris threw his hands in the air.

"I didn't steal it!" He protested as he walked after him.

*************

Veracity was on the top floor of the building. Lots of seniors and juniors were hanging around there. She searched to find the pilot. Shoving her way past them, she turned a corner. The only thing she saw were more older kids. Veracity sighed. It was obvious that he went up here. She was about to turn around when she heard a door close. Veracity looked back and walked near the area. She ended up near an empty classroom. Looking through the glass, she saw the technopathy sitting next to the window.
  A team was all about having one another's back. And being a friend was about being there for someone when they need it most. Even if they pushed you away. Veracity had never really depended on others to be there for her. She was independent and mainly relied on herself. But now, times were different. She was part of a team that sometimes did rely on one another. It was new for her. She had to adjust to it. Maybe this would be a good start.
  The young female genius put her hand on the knob. She twisted it, opening it slowly. The sudden creek from the door made the pilot turn his head. The intelligent freshman walked in and closed the door. She made her way over to him. Not really knowing what to do at the moment, she sat down next to him. A few more minutes of silence had taken over before she started to speak.