Chapter Three: Nightly Plan

Once that transmission was done and over with, Seth sat down in his chair while Grey stayed standing. There was a slow clap being done by another person in the room.

"Nice job. The poor kid was frozen in his spot! It was hysterical!" Morris congratulated.

Seth smiled.

"I can't get behind this though. How are you his father?" Grey asked.

"It's complicated, but I don't think that little team is gonna last long." Seth answered.

"How do you figure?" Morris questioned.

"Well, with Leo finding out about the whole thing and not telling Ryan, it's gonna cause some strains. Not to mention, his older brother knew too. Kind of a messed up situation if you ask me." Seth explained.

Grey nodded.

"So now what?" Morris inquired.

"Oh right now? Now, we finish that little experiment we've been working on." Seth replied.

Morris nodded with a smile.

"You think it'll work?" He asked.

"It has to. With the pilot having such an incredible power, he obviously doesn't know what he's capable of." Seth answered back.

"He knows how to use it. He's done great before." Grey told him.

"Yeah but, I was the one who helped Leo that day. I know just as much as he does. Trust me, from what I've seen, Ryan doesn't know the first thing about his abilities." Seth said.

Morris took a glance at Grey. He then left the room, with Seth getting up. He grabbed a few papers and headed out. Grey stayed behind. She waited for the door to close. She smirked.

"Too easy." Grey stated.

************

"What?!" Harris reacted.

Mark nodded. He had pulled the team into a room after class was over. This was free period for the sophomore, so he could get away with it. It was study hall for Spyder, lunch for Harris, and gym for Veracity. She was on medical anyway. You'll see why eventually.

"How did you-"

"Sean told me it was on the news last week." Mark explained.

"Are you sure he's right? He might be playing around." Veracity mentioned.

"It's Sean. He's good when it comes to straight info. How do you think I passed Geometry?" Mark asked.

"Wait, was Sean the one who-"

"Was asked to participate in a state wide competition to win over $10000? Yup." Mark finished.

"That's seriously impressive." Harris complimented.

"How did we not see it?" Spyder wondered.

Mark shrugged.

"Maybe it was on while we were here." He guessed.

"Then how would Sean see it?" Veracity asked.

"His mom sends him the link to things she deems 'important'." Mark told her.

"Why?" Spyder questioned.

"Guess its her thing." Mark assumed.

The door opened, with a creek that got everyone's attention. The pilot of the team made an appearance. He had class this period, but he decided to cut since the message was urgent. He closed the door and hopped up on top the desk.

"Alright, what's going on? I have French and the teacher is gonna be suspicious after like ten minutes." Ryan informed them.

"You take French?" Spyder asked.

"Ouais." Ryan answered.

Spyder looked confused.

"It means yeah." Harris told him.

Spyder shook his head.

"I'll never understand stuff like that." He said.

Veracity glanced at him and went back to Ryan.

"Seth was spotted in the city." She informed him.

"What? But, last time we saw him was in the robot. And that one time in the woods when-"

Ryan paused. The other boys went silent. They glanced at one another. If you read Versus The Darkness, you would understand why the technopath didn't mention everything. Veracity looked at all of them. She became confused.

"What happened in the woods?" Veracity asked.

Harris whistled a little and looked at the ceiling. Spyder glanced at the floor. Ryan bit his lower lip. Veracity looked at Mark, who only shoved his hands in his pockets.

"So..." Harris spoke, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Where did they say he was?" Ryan asked.

"Near the bay." Mark responded.

"So we should go there tonight." Ryan stated.

"How? If Seth comes back, he'll know we're there." Harris told him.

"Oh nerdo..." Mark started.

He patted the young genius on top of his head.

"You obviously doubt my skills. Its okay. No one can fully handle the overwhelming talent." Mark bragged.

Harris raised an eyebrow. Spyder rolled his eyes. Ryan shook his head.

"We did upgrade the stealth mode on Mech X4. With a 50% boost on the camouflage ability and the sound of the robot moving being unable to hear, Seth won't be able to even sense that we're there." Mark explained.

Veracity nodded.

"And I made sure that all systems were in check. That billionaire poser won't know what hit him." She added.

"Yes! Let's take down daddy Harper!" Spyder cheered.

Mark smacked him on the arm. The jokester didn't understand why at first, but after taking a look at his best friend's face, he got the message. The young pilot looked at Veracity, who gave him a look. He sighed as he walked towards the door. He put his hand on the knob.

"You need a ride? I know you hate-"

"No I'm good." Ryan cut Mark off.

He opened the door and left. It closed, leaving the others behind. Mark went to get his phone. He soon left as well. The remaining freshman glanced at one another before returning to their scheduled periods. The whole moment was unsatisfying. It hadn't been this way since the first day of school. And Wade makes everything displeasing. But now wasn't the time to worry about that. They knew where the enemy was, and they were going to take him down.