Chapter Five: Mission At Dark

The water was reflecting the light of the moon while the howling winds brought cold breezes around the area. A man was looking from the outside in. He watched the tides move slowly across the water. The sound of screws being tightened and hammers filled his ears. Turning around, he walked up to one of his co workers.

"Time?" Seth asked.

"8:21." Frank answered.

Seth nodded.

"You think that robot will show up?" Morris asked him.

Seth faced one of his partners.

"Course it will, but like always, I'm prepared." He replied.

"What's the plan?" Grey questioned.

The two men saw her walk up.

"Simple. What's able to fight a technopathic controlled robot?" Seth inquired.

"What?" Morris asked.

Seth smirked as he led them down the stairs. There was a secret room no one else was allowed in. He turned on the lights. It was a huge canister of red ooze and metallic parts. The billionaire smiled.

"An oozed powered robot." He answered.

Grey was surely impressed.

"Good thinking. But, how come it's not put together yet?" She asked.

"Look, all you need to do is dump the parts into the ooze and let it boil for like a good 20 minutes." Seth explained.

Morris grabbed the box full of parts and pour them in. Grey crouched down and twisted the knob below it. The ooze began to heat up. The three of them stepped back and watched.

"Now we wait. Even if they get here before then, we'll just have to stall." Seth continued.

"With pleasure." Grey responded.

The three of them exited the room. Well, the men did. Grey however stayed back. She walked around the canister and smiled. The temperature on it was stable. Stable? Oh, that was unacceptable. The monster changing human returned to the knob. She turned up the levels a bit. The ooze began bubbling rapidly. Grey smirked as she left the area and turned the lights off. The ooze shined, which was not a good sign.

***********

The Mech X crew were heading to the base. Harris was busy checking their distance and how much farther they needed to go. Veracity was up top with Mark. Spyder was checking with the weapons area to make sure they were good to go. The pilot of the team was controlling the robot. He continued to leap closer and closer to their destination.

"Only 14 more miles to go. Almost there." Harris informed.

"Sweet! Hey, you think Harper will blow up if we hit him with a plasma bomb?" Spyder asked.

Veracity looked down at him.

"We're trying to hurt him, not kill him." She replied.

"Well he tried to kill us. Shouldn't we try to do that too?" Spyder questioned.

"No. We make sure he stays in prison. We don't kill people." Harris answered.

Spyder nodded. Mark kept glancing at his little brother. He didn't know exactly what to say. The last time he did it turned into an argument. He didn't want that again. The sixteen year old took a second to think. That's when a light bulb went off in his head.