Ch. 6

"You can count on me like one two three, I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two. You'll be there, 'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do"

~Bruno Mars: Count On Me

Sunday March 12, 2017

I exit my baby, or as some of you call it a "car". But you know, my car is dope and no one shall tell me otherwise! I head into Wal-mart and venture off to find my missing treasure. Ha ha, I wish my life was that entertaining, but nope. I only need a some basic house necessities like a new toothbrush and such. Still very intriguing, I know. I take my cart and begin roaming throughout the store weaving myself back and forth through every isle I come upon, because do I really need this plastic makeup organizer? No. Am I going to waste my money on it? Yes.

Everything is calm and worry free. Just chillin' picking up things I will never use and deciding they are worth buying. That is until I hear extremely familiar voices from the isle right next to me.

"Do you think he will ever get over her?" I hear what sounds to be Jonah say. Its been a while since I've heard any of their voices but when you have become best friends with someone, something as simple as a voice is near impossible to forget.

"You can't just 'get over' the love of your life. Especially if its someone like her. You know how special she is to all of us, not just Jack" I hear what is definitely Corbyn retort back at him.

Is he talking about me? Or has Jack found another girl to get hung up on...
Oh who am I kidding, of course its another girl! Jack's face alone could attract girls from across the country. He has, without a doubt moved on. Even though I will probably never do the same, I am glad he at least got over me.

"Corbyn, it's been 10 months! Don't you think he should be doing something other than hiding up in his room when he's home?" Zach says to Corbyn.

He is talking about me. Well sh*t, my self deprecating remarks don't mean much anymore now do they. How could he still want me? After all this time, how is it even possible to even remember me? Jack has definitely has his fair share of mistakes in the duration of our relationship, but leaving without saying goodbye tops every mistake he's ever made(that specifically affected me). Small tears escape my eyes and quickly fall down my face. How could Jack possibly want me back? How could he still love me. H-he still loves me?

"Okay thats not all he does. He does the interviews and the shows, AND meets up with fans" Corbyn says to both of them. Well at least he isn't a cave man or something. And "fans"? What does that mean?

"Yeah, but thats only for the camera. He is still as broken as he was the day she left" Jonah says with sadness behind his voice. Why me Jack? I have done nothing but leave you behind? You didn't even want to talk to me before I left?

What do I do? Do I go up and talk to them? Do I hide? What happenes if they don't want me back? What do I do? They could just disown me, who would take back a person just as easily as I left them? I am a horrible friend aren't I. I need to run and hide so they don't see me. Yes, great plan Anna! Run from your fears again! That sounds like an amazing plan.

"Annabeth?" I hear a gentle and calming voice from behind me.

Welp, I guess now I dont even have the option of hiding anymore. Darn. Can't run away now. You got this Anna, just act cool and collected.

I turn around to where my face meets Corbyns. The bestfriend that's been absent from my life for 10 months. 10 long months without your bestfriend is hard. But now, I am finally in front of him. I am in front of my bestfriend.

I don't take another second to hesitate, I run and jump on Corbyn attacking him in a hug I have been missing for months. His embrace is warm and welcoming. His arms wrap around my back, holding me up off the ground.

"I am sorry" I say into his neck, with my voice muffled by his black hoodie. I can feel my tears soak his jacket, great now not only have I been an awful friend but I ALSO made a tissue out of his clothes.

"It's okay" He says back sweetly. He gives me another tight squeeze before he releases me and sets me down on my feet again. I take a look up and notice he has small tears in his eyes as well. He looks at the ceiling anf blinks away the forming tears to get rid of them before they fall. He never wanted to see him cry. I have only seen him cry twice in my lifetime and I have known him for about 12 years.  I give hugs to both Zach and Jonah. Each one with words of kindness and forgiveness. In their eyes, as long as I am back, they don't care if I ever left in the first place. I do not deserve them. I truly do not deserve them.

I take a second to recollect myself and notice all three of them are wearing identical black hoodies with small white writing on the corner of their chests. The writing says "why don't we" each word stacked on eachother inside a white square. (The wdw logo for those who don't know)

"Whats 'why dont we'?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Why don't we what?

"When you left, we took your advise and followed our dreams. Why Dont We is our band name" Corbyn says smiling widely. But the question still remains Why Don't We what?

"You guys are in a real life band! With real life fans?" I say asking the last part.

"Yeah, really loyal and absolutely crazy fans. We love them to death" Jonah replies. I can't believe they are following their dreams, I couldn't be more proud of them.

"Just a small question...why don't we what?" I question with a confused expression.

"Ha ha very funny Anna" Zach says rolling his eyes playfully.

"No really, why don't we what?"

"Good to see you're still a child, not much has changed" Jonah says laughing down at me. Aw nards he got so friggin tall, I didn't grow a bit!

"Hey listen here Marais, just because you shot up like a darn tree while I was gone DOES NOT give you the right to treat. me. like. a. child." I say poking his nose during the ending.

"Is someone mad that I got taller?" He says with a sarcastic frown.

"Sure am Jojo" I say as I flick him on the side of the head. He thinks he can just say stuff like that? I think tf not!

"Ooh I gotta another question, and its not about you weird band name this time!" I pause trying not to laugh.
"How are you and Kaylee, Zach?" I ask, I swear if my ship sank...

"Oh my, I have got a LOT to tell you" He says with exhaustion.

"What is that supposed to mean? Herron don't you dare lie to me!" I say raising my hand preparing to slap Zach.

"Too long of a story, I'll tell you later though" he says with a smirk

"HERRON I SWEAR TO YEEZY I WILL SLAP THAT SMIRK RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE" I yell with a hand above his face getting ready to slap his already red cheeks.

"ALRIGHT, alright, alright. So basically after you left...Kaylee and I-"
______________________________________

A/n And thats all you get folks, sorry for the cliffhanger, and mostly sorry Kaylee I know you will yell at me later😂. I truly am sorry BUT YOU WILL THANK ME LATER SO DONT WORRY. Was that a spoiler? Maybe, maybe not.
Anyhoooo I LOVE YOU ALL BYEEEE