Ch. 18

He just sits there. Wide eyed, as he stares at the paper rereading it over and over, as if maybe if he looks at it long enough the words on the page will change or morph into something easier to handle, or anything less than a baby. But they don't, those four words on the page remain the same. The blunt phrase that may have just changed the course of his life are forever burned into his memory. He is (Well biologically at the least) a father. And all he does is sit there.

A few minutes pass and he closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. He opens his eyes to show off those sparkling orbs of light and gives a smile. A smile? Why is he smiling? Shouldn't he be yelling or screaming, or crying, or some sort of negative emotion? This is not the kind of reaction I was preparing for. But no, that beautiful smile. He stands up and walks over to my desk, towering over me. He isn't going to hit me right? No, now I'm just being crazy. He isn't like that, but his height doesn't make the situation better. He leans over and grips my hands pulling me up from my seat. Jonah hugs me and starts silently chuckling to himself, I start to feel the sleeve of my shirt to get wet. Is he crying? He loosens his grip and looks down at my belly, still smiling. He places his hand on my stomach and a tear slides down his face. "I'm going to be a dad!" He laughs. "And you are going to be a mom! Your going to be an amazing mom you know that? Am I going to be a good dad? Well I hope so I mean-" Jonah rambles on and on until I cut him off by putting a finger on his lips. "You are going to be an amazing dad." I reassure him. "How far along are you?" He asks. "6 weeks five days and counting." I answer him rubbing my baby bump. He leans in and kisses me softly, I don't hesitate to kiss back. He moves slow and steady, like I am a delicate piece of glass. He places one hand on my neck and the other on my stomach feeling the tiny little bump. I couldn't be more happy about the reaction. He isn't mad nor is he unsupportive. He wants to be a dad, and not just any dad. The dad to my child. "I'm seriously in love with you Julia Marie Marais" He says to me. "Marais? I do not remember the wedding" I laugh at him. "Well you are the mother of my child aren't you? I mean you don't have to use my last name but if you ever want to I'm okay with it" he replies. "Okay, does that mean that I'm officially your girlfriend?" I ask him, looking down at the floor nervously. "It means that you are whatever you want to be babygirl, or I guess now it's baby momma" he laughs at my while putting his finger under my chin lifting my head up at him. "I'm okay with that, I love you Jojo" I answer as I hug him tight. I don't think I could've accidentally made the best accident of my life with such an amazing person. I think it was just meant to be.

I take the rest of the day off and Jonah and I go out for lunch at some healthy smoothie place, I changed out of my clothes and into leggings and Jonah lent me his why don't we hoodie before we left so I wasn't waking around in formal looking clothes.

We start talking and everything just feels right. Talking yo him makes me so much happier. As we finish our smoothies and head out, a swarm of paparazzi closes in on us. I don't have claustrophobia but that doesn't mean I like not having personal space, and pregnancy doesn't help with this either. My head starts to feel dizzy and my vision blurs. "J-Jonah" I whisper, grabbing onto his arm. "Its okay, I got you. Hold on tight" he says while taking a hold of my hand guiding me through the swarm of people around me. We make it to the car and he speeds away from all the cameras and people. "Are you okay mami" he asks me. "Yeah, but don't call me that ever again" I laugh at him whilehe keeps his eyes on the road. "I think it's hot" he replies, yay, can't wait for fatherhood to dawn on him. "Well in about 2 months I'm not going to be looking 'hot' so I think the nicknames should reflect on reality" I laugh back, this child... "that's nonsense, you are going to be the hottest mom, and this isn't even a joke, you are gonna be straight up bangin" He says too seriously for my comfort. Usually I would flip out or scold him for being kind of creepy but I think that our relationship has changed. I can't be a dumb teenager anymore I need to be a mom, so that starts with being nicer to Jonah. Because...Well I love him.
"Thanks papi" I respond laughing hard. "You see this is what I'm talking about, you're going to be hottest mom ever" he says back laughing as well. "Yeah, but I am not going to call you Papi, sorry but I'm good" I respond, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers. "I don't knowww, I mean I like it" he smiles at me, squeezing my hand a little. "Yeah, how about no"

We spend the rest of the day with each other, just enjoying our company when the sun starts to set and we head home. I don't know where the girls are but I don't hear anyone in the house so we both go upstairs in my room and fall asleep in each others arms. Jonah's head is resting down on my stomach while my hands are in his hair. Life is peaceful. Life is good. Life is perfect.

Back to ya boi Anna's pov (about 1 hour before Julia and Jonah got home)

Kaylee and I get home from the studio after choreographing the boys stage performance for their tour. I only have one thing on my mind that's eating away at me. Julia's preggo. Which, as you can assume isn't the easiest thing to just 'not think about'.
I want to tell Kaylee today, but it's not my secret to share so I won't. I really hope she tells Jonah what happened before tour starts and it's too late, but I also feel bad for him knowing that because of the tour and if he knows or not, he will either spend all of tour miserable or when he comes home she is 4 months pregnant with his kid and he just found out. So this touris kind of a lose lose situation. Kaylee, Zach, Jack and I go out for dinner on a double date to a beautiful Italian restaurant. "Hey babe" Jack says to me as Kaylee and I sit down at their table. "Hey" Zach and I say at the same time. Gee thanks Zach, the one thing I need is Jachary to take over my relationship right now. "Zach. Choose your words wisely or you'll regret them" Kaylee says, over exaggerating a smile. "Well at least I got my babygirl over here and my side chick right here" I laugh while showing off Kaylee as my babygirl and Jack as my side piece obviously.

We all have an amazing time at dinner. I put an alcohol restriction on Kaylee and Zach because lord know they need it after the amount of hangovers recently. However I did not need that restriction so I am a little buzzed...Well maybe a little drunk but don't get caught up on labels I'm fine! It was bad enough that Kaylee had to drive me home (which is a first I might add, usually it's the other way around). When we get there I see Jonah's car in the drive way?? What is he doing here? All 4 of us go inside and look around. I very loudly walk up the stairs, drunk off my ass, and almost die by falling off the railing. Jack is behind me as we make it to my room to go to sleep when we pass Julia's room. Her and Jonah are sound asleep on the bed, his hand is wrapped around her waist with his head on her stomach. What cuties am I right? I am about to go when I hear Jonah whisper to her " I'm so glad that I'm going to be a dad, I could be have wished for a better partner" while he kisses her stomach lightly and sets his head back down.

Well okay, I'm ready to cry because that was so cute. Wait she told him! And everything's fine! Well that is until I realize that Jack, Kaylee, and Zach were behind me the whole time. And they heard everything.