Chapter 1

Connor McKinley was sitting on a bench waiting to go in for his callback audition for his school's production of Falsettos. Along with him was his best friend, Kevin Price who was also auditioning. Connor his head in Kevin's lap as he read over lines. Yes, he knew it was gay, yes he knew people would stare and he knew people always thought they were a couple but he didn't care anymore.

About a year ago Connor was, to put it bluntly, a mess. Internally at least. "Turning it off" was all his life consisted of. No happiness, no excitement, just endless hours of turning off his gay thoughts. But that was a year ago and a lot has changed. Connor met Kevin and his life had changed. He had helped Kevin become less of a self centered perfect mormon asshole while Kevin helped Connor accept his feelings and helped him become himself. Rather than trying to appear as straight as possible wearing sports jerseys and camouflage pants Connor could be himself and wear his favorite orange and pink sparkly vest whenever he wanted because, well why the fuck not. Kevin now didn't care about being perfect. He still wanted to do his best but now he was more accepting of failure. Connor had taught him that failure is a part of life.

Now, back to present day. Connor looked up at Kevin, staring into his chocolate brown eyes, his dark brown hair swept across his forehead. Connor brought his hand up to Kevin's head and and combed his hand through his hair then proceeded to dishevel Kevin hair. Kevin gasped and playfully slapped Connors hand away as he proceeded to fix his hair.

"Connor James McKinley how dare you!" Kevin shrieked.

Connor just flashed him a huge grin and patted his head. Kevin smiled back, his eyes lighting up. He grabbed Connors hand off his head and held it in his own and started massaging Connor's hand. Kevin gazed into Connors bright blue eyes and winked.

Kevin's POV

"Why did you just do that Kevin what the actual fuck was that. Now he's going to know that you're utterly in love with him!" I told myself. I looked down at Connor to see his reaction. He just stared at me then winked back. I smiled more than I had before. This boy before me no, man before me was amazing. He's such a strong person after what he's been through and here I am still closeted because I still have the slight need to be the "perfect mormon poster child" that I once was. But no, I had to be bisexual. I need to be strong like Connor, I need to tell him that I'm not as straight as everyone thinks I am. I look down at Connor and and push him to a sitting position. He looks at me with a confused stare as I start to speak.

"Con, there's something I need to tell you. I'm—"

"CONNOR MCKINLEY AND KEVIN PRICE!" I look over to see my other best friend and the director Arnold Cunningham poking his head out of the drama room door, ruining my coming out to Connor.

Connor looked at me, a confused expression etched across his face. I smiled and said, "ill tell you later."

Connor and I walked to the drama room. I put my arm around him and flashed a smile at him.

"You ready?" I asked.

Before he could respond Arnold grabbed our arms and pulled us into the room.

Connor's POV

Arnold looked at us and smiled. He clasped his hands together and said in an excited voice, "okay guys this is a chemistry test to see if you guys are a convincing couple. Im sure that will be easy though" Arnold winked.

I looked at the ground and blushed. I looked over at Kevin who had turned beet red and was trying to hide a smile. Before I could inquire on why he was blushing Arnold started the music. I instantly switched from Connor to Whizzer as Kevin became Marvin. We executed the song perfectly, Our harmonies felt like heaven and the chemistry between us was undeniable. It was obvious we were the perfect pair for these roles. As we finished the song, I looked at Kevin and tried to suppress a smile.

Arnold looked at as and gave us a huge smile. "That was amazing! The cast list comes out tomorrow so stay tuned for that!" Arnold exclaimed.

As we walked out of the door I heard Arnold say, "BYE BEST FRIEND!" To Kevin. Kevin smiled and walked to our stuff. After he gathered his stuff he looked at me with his dreamy eyes and said, "I got to go but ill see you tomorrow! I think we got a chance, I really do. Ill meet you at your locker so we can see the cast list together, okay?" Kevin said.

"Yeah totally! Bye Kev!" I exclaim.

"Bye Con!" Kevin responds as I blush at his nickname for me. I gave him a hug before he walked away. When he left I sat down and sighed. I put my head in my hands and a smile danced across my face. One thing was certain, I was completely and utterly in love with Kevin Price.

Author's Note:
Thank you so much for reading! The video above is the song they performed just in case you wanted to check it out! Thx again! Please check out my other works and comment! I️ would love to receive feedback!

~smolbeantyjojish