Chapter 8

Kevin's POV 

     Connor groans and dramatically falls onto my lap. "I don't wanna do choreography! Blocking and coreo in one day! Why do you do this to us, Arnold?"

     "I don't want to either but alas, we have to." I chuckle and ruffle his amazingly soft hair.

     Arnold just chuckles and rolls his eyes. "I'll give you guys five and then we can start the Thrill of First Love coreo." he yells up to the tired boys.

     "Thanks Arn!" I yell back, smiling down at my friend.

     "No problem, best friend!"

     Connor giggles. He readjusts himself so he was comfortably splayed across Kevin's lap. I whine and pull him up so he's sitting in my lap, his back to my chest. Connor giggles and flips himself so he was sitting sideways in my lap as if I was carrying him bridal style. He smiles and sticks his tongue out at me, lightly tapping the tip of his tongue on my now red cheek.

     I groan and rub the spot where he licked. I giggle and groan playfully. "You're so weird."

     Connor smiles and licks my cheek. "You still love me despite my weirdness!"

     I giggle and wrap my arms around his waist. "I really do love you," I say, meaning every word of it non-platonically. I hope that one day I could tell him that but with our fingers interwoven and my lips brushing against his.

     Connor lets out the most adorable noise I have ever heard. Like a mix between a puppy crying and a dolphin wailing. Weird combo, I know. Trust me though, your heart would have melted too if you had heard it. His cheeks had a dust of red coloring his pale cheeks. I wish I was the source of his blushing but knew that he was blushing only because the bright spotlights had been beaming down at us all afternoon.

     I snort and ruffle his hair. "No homo though," I add.

     Arnold clambers up onto the stage "Breaks over, lovebirds! Less sex and more pirouettes, time for choreography!"

     My eyebrows knit together in confusion and look at Connor who's face presented a similar expression. I shrug at him and giggle. 

     Connor chuckles and stands up, pulling me up with him.

     Arnold brings the choreographer on stage. He teaches us all the steps and we master it in record time until... "and then Whizzer's going to kiss Marvin. Got that?" 

     My cheeks go pink and my head whips over to Arnold. "Kiss? I knew we have to kiss but... uh so soon? Isn't it a little too early to work with the tiny details like a kiss?"

     Connor bites his lip, his eyes darting to Arnold. "Yeah, surely there's more important stuff to practice than a-"

     He interrupts Connor, his 'director facade' taking place of his usual aloof manner, though still kind. "Nope, you gotta kiss now so we can fit it into the song's timing. It's only a peck, that's why we're doing this song first so ya'll can build up to your big smooch in 'Love is Blind' From the top this time," he looks into my eyes pointedly, "with, the kiss."

     We go through all the choreography until we get to the kiss. Connor quickly pecks me on the lips before quickly pulling away, leaving me longing for more as I lean towards him slightly.

     "Well done! Kevin, great choice to try to get a longer kiss! I really believed it and it adds more to it, making it more than a simple peck." Arnold says to me.

     "Thanks Arn..." I say unexcitedly though grateful that my urge to kiss Connor again was covered up as a 'character choice'. I sigh softly before we start back up again, my heart aching at being so close yet so far to a dream come true.