Lifeline

I woke to Finn watching TV.  I ran my fingers through his curls. "Hey," I said still groggy. He tucked a strand of dark hair behind my ear. "Hey morning." He said gently. "Finn?" I said looking up at him. "Yea?" "What happened? What did the nurses mean by 'accident'?" "He sighed. "Millie, I felt so guilty for yelling at you and i knew i had screwed up and then-" he wiped a tear from his eye and he held his forearms out to me. They were covered in deep red cuts that went all the way up to his elbow. "I-I wanted to end it all because I knew you probably thought I was a huge fucking jerk. Well Millie you were right." He said now a trail of tears streaming down his face.

I wrapped both of my arms around him, crying into his chest. "Finn-" I said in between sobs. "Please don't ever do that again. Especially because of me." I said, tears rolling down my cheeks. I kissed him. "I love you Finn, I love you so god damn much and I don't think you understand that without you I would be a mess." Finn pulled me into his lap and kissed my neck. I turned toward him. "I will stay with you through everything Wolfhard."

I went back to my own house a few hours later, when Finn was eventually released. I changed into some fuzzy pajamas and threw a blanket over me and started getting comfy on my couch. When I was finally dozing off I Heard a loud bang at the door and my doorbell ring. I opened the door and it was pouring rain outside. But still there stood Finn in the rain. He looked at me with his red puffy eyes. In the rain I could barely see the tears run down his cheek.

"My parents th-they do-don't want me an-anymore." Finn said covering his mouth to stifle his sobs. He was shaking. From fear and the fifty degree weather outside. I grabbed his hands and guided him inside. He sat on the barstool in my kitchen. I went into my older brother's room and found a red T-shirt and some black sweatpants. I found the softest yet warmest blanket in my closet and got one from him. I handed them to Finn and he thanked me.

I finally looked up at him. His lips along with his whole face was pale and his hair was still soaked, leaving the dark curls I loved down and flat. He lifted his shirt over his head and replaced it with the new red one. I went over to the microwave and started heating up milk to make hot chocolate. I topped it off with whipped cream and we sat in the couch snuggling whilst drinking the warm drink. "Millie," he said while putting the mug down. I looked up at him. "I just wanted to thank you. You've been my lifeline these past few days. And I love you." He said finally pressing his lips to mine.

Our lips moved in sync while he pushed down on me. I wrapped my arms around his back. Before it got too intense I lay down on his lap. "Goodnight Finn, love you." I said kissing him one more time for the night. "I love you Mille. So much." He said kissing my head. That's the last thing I said before going into a deep slumber.

Thank you guys for reading. This book has been getting a lot of views and it's amazing. I just wanted to thank all of you for the support. Love yooouuuu!!!!