part 9: Recovery

Y/N's P.O.V

It's day one after the chaos, I'm still in the hospital sitting on my hospital bed waiting for the doctor to do my check up. Last night Jace went home after I asked him to go, kind of forced him because he insisted to stay but I don't want his parents being mad at me for him staying. When I woke up this morning there was a big bouquet of daisies on my night stand with a get well soon balloon.

I didn't sleep alot last night after everything that happened I woke up every few minutes thinking of how Y/E/N treated me atleast my mother stayed with me in the hospital. The doctor comes in and greets me with a smile and comes closer to me he tells me that he just needs a few examines to see if I can be discharge today. My shoulder is still sore and my cheek is a little bit bruised but my hand is a-okay.

The doctor gives me a high five and tells me I'm good to go, my parents just need to sign the paper for discharging me. My mother is in the cafeteria getting me some food and coffee for her. She comes in giving me a big hug asking how I feel, I tell her how I feel and she tells me that Jace called her saying he will be here in a few minutes helping my mother to take me home, because I can't walk properly because of my left knee that got hurt during the nightmare. I'm wearing a metal knee braclet to keep my leg straight.

I try doing my hair with my one good arm, but fail with the attempt to make a ponytail, then I feel two hands taking my hair out of my one hand, I think of the incident again and start to cry and then hear Jace's voice, "Hey beautiful you're safe, sorry that I frightened you. You're safe, in my arms." Jace then goes further putting my hair in a ponytail and holding me tightly around my stomach.

After a few minutes we stand up, him pushing my wheelchair to the car, he picks me up and puts me onto the back seat, my mom is still busy signing the paper Jace is sitting in the front seat turning around to make sure I'm okay. I give him a big smile knowing that I'm safe now. I ask him, " Jace..."
"Yeah beautiful?" "Where is... you know..." I say trying to be strong. He replies," his in jail where he belongs, you're safe now, I promise I won't let this happen to you again." I just sit there getting flashbacks of what happened knowing that Y/E/N killed my old best friend and remebering what he tried to do to me. I try to be strong trying to stop the tears from rolling down. I just ask him," please promise me you won't ever treat me like HE did." Jace gets out of the front seat walks to my door and opens it, he gives me a hug and kiss on the forehead," I will NEVER EVER do that to you, I promise."

My mom arrives at the car and she looks over at me, smiles and takes my hand saying, "we're happy you're safe with us again." I smile and put my head against the seat. I know that I'm safe now and that's how I want it to be.

We arrive at my home, getting all my baggage and me aswell out of the car, Jace picks me up, walks with me to my room and puts me on my bed. He lays next to me stroking my hair and kissing me on the cheek. My father is out of town for the week and my mom said that Jace can stay with us for the week. He lives in the spare room.

We lay on my bed and Jace puts a movie in for us to watch. We lay there for a briefly 10 minutes and then I fall asleep. When I wake up Jace is gone and I get scared trying to call for him, no one answers I start to panic and I shout as loud as I can. My mother comes running into my room asking what's wrong, I start to cry and my mom comes over to me hugging me saying everything is okay I want Jace I ask her where is Jace, shaking while I say it. She gets Jace on the phone and he answers.
Jace: hi miss Y/N/L is everything okay?
Y/N: Jace... Jace are you okay, where are you.(sobbing)
Jace: hey,hey beautiful I'm just at set now I'm okay. Just working on the last scene I'll be at your house in an hour I promise. Okay you known what I'll buy you some chocolate and starbucks what do you say about that?
Y/N: Okay okay, you're fine. That's all that matters. Thank you it will be nice. Be safe please.
Jace: I promise I'll be safe. Love you.
Y/N: Love you too.
I end the call and give my mom the phone she lays with me until I fall asleep again waiting for Jace to come back.

I wake up trying to get a better position with my arm. I turn around seeing Jace laying half curled up next to me. He must be exhausted with everything that happened. He was so kind to me and he was there all the way not giving a damn of what people say. He is so gorgeous when he sleeps, I don't want to wake him up, so I try to stand up as quiet as possible. I succeed in it and move very slow to the bathroom, I reach the bathroom and when I'm back in my room I see Jace slowly waking up with his hair all messy.

 I succeed in it and move very slow to the bathroom, I reach the bathroom and when I'm back in my room I see Jace slowly waking up with his hair all messy

I stand and watch him slowly waking up. He wipes his eyes and smiles aslt me," Hey you're awake." He says in his graspy sleepy voice. I just stand and look him in his eyes, " how did I get so lucky?" I say. " what now?" He looks at me confused. " how did I get so lucky to have you in my life, you're so kind and you're my hero. I love you so much." " I would do anything for you Y/N and I love you too." He says motioning to me to come closest and I do as he says. He leans in and kisses me.

After we seperate he asks softly. "Forever and always mine?"
I smile and say, "forever and always yours."

THE END