Chapter 10: Elope!

Fang Yun was just about to call out to his grandfather but suddenly stopped himself halfway through. Lou Meng was also about to get up to inform Fang Yang about their circumstances but was stopped by a punch on his back.

"What is it Brother Yun?" Lou Meng asked while covering his back in pain.

"You know, I think it's better if my grandfather stays out of this." Fang Yun said calmly weighing the pros and cons of his current situation.

"You're grandfather is one of the strongest figures in the Fang Clan. He can definitely put whoever trying to kill you in his place." Lou Meng didn't understand his young master's reasoning, since in his mind, there wasn't anything the Fang Clan's Grand Elder couldn't with his influence.

"Do you think an ordinary Cultivator would be able to silently control the populace of Blazing Sun City and give a mere clan servant enough courage to assassinate me in my own residence?

From what we've experienced until now, it's easy to deduce that the only reason the person trying kill me isn't showing himself is because he doesn't want to ruin his image. No matter how powerful the Clan of this hidden enemy is, the guy doesn't want to smear his name with mud by forcefully stopping me from marrying Rinyu publicly.

After knowing all this, do you still want my hotheaded grandfather to look for death by offending this enemy? It's better if we operate on our own for now. By doing it this way we can stay out of their sight and be able to secretly investigate them." Fang Yun didn't have everything planned out but the circumstances right now were a lot favourable than it was moments ago.

After listening to his young master's reasoning, Lou Meng felt a cold chill run down his back. He couldn't believe that the person who was trying to kill his young master was so strong, but after thinking about it a little, Fang Yun's words did make sense. There wasn't anyone who dared to even attempt ordering the assassination of a influential youth of a great clan like the Fang Clan. However, that didn't mean that those who had stronger influence than the Fang Clan didn't exist.

Take the City Lord as an example: Even though he was merely one man, the amount of influence the City Lord had over the masses wasn't something to laugh at. If he truly wished for the destruction of the Fang Clan, it would be quite easy considering the Fang Clan's foundation was of mortal roots.

The Fang Clan may have been able to produce many true Cultivators of powerful Sects over the years, but it didn't have the exceedingly strong foundation ancient Clan would have and couldn't sustain itself without the influence it had in Blazing Sun City.

"Brother Yun, if this enemy is as strong as you believe he is, then investigating without connections to 'those kinds of people' will be meaningless. It will only be a waste of time." Lou Meng didn't hastily agree to his young master's decision as he would be betraying the Fang Clan's Grand Elder if he was to follow Fang Yun without a good plan.

"Then what do you suppose we do then? The hidden enemy will definitely show himself at my wedding ceremony tomorrow and will do anything in his power to stop us from marrying. If I knew who the guy was before the marriage ceremony, then I could at least prepare countermeasures before he arrives to stop the ceremony with his schemes. However, what am I supposed to do when the only thing I know about the enemy is that he's definitely stronger and more influential than even my grandfather? You expect me to just walk towards my grave and drag my grandfather down with me as well?" Fang Yun argued as he really wasn't the type to know how to 'investigate' people in the first place.

In his past life, he only knew how to kill enemies he knew of. There wasn't the least bit of espionage involved as he was just a regular murder machine created to decimate battlefields. The government of the country that his master worked for also wasn't willing to add spy skills to his already full set of skills involving guerrilla warfare.