Chapter 13: Leaving Blazing Sun City

In the east of Azure Flame City, Fang Yun's current destination, the sounds of metal clashing could be heard as a handsome youth and female warrior battled it out without holding back.

"Just submit to me. I'm a genius of the Dao of Time and you're the former sword of a Martial Sovereign. Is there even a reason for you to be resisting me in such a manner?" The handsome youth lightheadedly clashed several more times with his sword as he spoke in confusion. He wasn't planning on killing the Sword Spirit before him because he knew the Primal Weapon in her hands would disintegrate upon her death. This put him in a very complicated situation where he could only choose to capture the woman.

Which was too bad because although the Sword Spirit was damaged, it's overall strength was equal to the handsome youth's own. The youth didn't seem affected by this though as a joyful atmosphere surrounded him.

"You're crazy! Get away from me! I'd rather die than fall into your hands!" A look of fear could be seen on the Sword Spirit's face as it tried its best to escape.

The Sword Spirit of the Clockwork Sovereign's Primal Weapon was a spiritual entity that had fought on many battlefields and killed countless Martial Emperors. However, this prideful Sword Spirit that had been born out of the Spiritual Weapon and met many outstanding figures who were even able to ascend to the Immortal Realm, but none of those monstrous figures with talent beyond her scope of imagination were able to terrify to her very core like this youth.

Perhaps others may find the youth's smile to be sincere, but she knew just wrong others would be if they were to think of him as harmless. The smile on the youth's face hadn't changed from the day he murdered all his clansmen!

The smiling youth stopped attacking her after realising that doing so wouldn't get him anywhere and allowed them to have some time to rest. The Sword Spirit took this opportunity to internally concentrate her Primal Qi to power her trump card.

"The Dao is heartless, the Heavens are emotionless, so why shouldn't those who cultivate to achieve immortality be the same? I find your fear of me to be quite irrational considering how many ruthless Cultivators there are in this world." The youth said disappointedly.

"Don't act like you're in any way similar to those Emperors of the past! You mad, crazy, psychotic, unfilial scoundrel! You have no honour and can't even be considered a human being!" The Sword Spirit's eyes turned red as she roared ferociously. Even though there were many who'd do anything to achieve immortality. To still be considered a human, one needed to have a bottom line. The Sword Spirit was well-aware that there was no limit to the youth's pure evil.

The smiling youth seemed to be unable to understand her sentiments. As if her emotions were completely foreign to him. His head-tilting movement was very minuscule, but this one swift motion was enough to scare the Sword Spirit to the point of using her vital energy to power her escape technique.

The youth looked mildly surprised as he saw the Sword Spirit turn into a beam of light that shot of into the distance. Even with his mastery over Time Laws, he wasn't able to react fast enough to stop her from escaping. He didn't look too disappointed though as he seemed willing to chase her to the depths of hell in order to acquire her.

This was what made many afraid of him. This seemingly unchanging attitude no matter what situation was to arise. He seemed to always have a look of happiness on his face no matter what he was to experience in life. Like a demon who knew only one emotion...

————————————————————

At the gates of Blazing Sun City, a teenager arrived on a deserted street in a horse drawn carriage. This youth was undoubtedly Lou Meng, the servant of Fang Yun who was waiting for him to arrive before escaping the city.