Chapter 18: Death Battle

Through discussing the Martial Dao with Bai Lingyun, he found that many of the basic techniques he knew of actually existed on the Azure Sky Continent. The Earth Step movement technique he taught Lou Meng was actually the most common method of movement for Martial Artists, and the more advanced methods of movement like Wind Step and Water Step were even practiced by Cultivators as well.

From what he was told, the Earth Step of the Azure Sky Continent was a little different from his own technique. The 'Earth' in his technique name represented the planet while the 'Earth' in the Azure Sky Continent's technique represented the Dao of Earth.

Unlike his previous world, the history of martial arts on the Azure Sky Continent always had something to do with Cultivators and their methods of warring against humans and beasts alike. The Heavenly Dao was something only those with Spiritual Channels had the potential to comprehend. However, that didn't mean Cultivators couldn't share their comprehension of Dao with Mortals.

The Earth Step of the Azure Sky Continent was actually something that couldn't be learnt without talent in comprehending the Dao of Earth... and money. The Martial Alliance most Dao Seekers and Heaven Combatants join acts as a gathering point for all Martial Artists and exists to strengthen the humanity's foundation of power. They even sold techniques to martial artists who had the money to buy them.

The more Fang Yun spoke with her, the more he felt like a frog in a well. The mystical world of the Azure Sky Continent was vast and although there were many vicious Cultivators who would murder in broad daylight. There were also people who genuinely wanted to fight against the Demonic Beasts that have been invading the continent.

He wanted to talk more with Bai Lingyun before they made their way to sign up as a hunting team but he suddenly stopped talking to her as his ear pricked. Bai Lingyun was about to ask what was wrong yet was unable to say anything before he reached out his hand faster than she could react.

A sound could be heard in the area he grasped as a silver chain appeared in his hand. Bai Lingyun swiftly reacted without a word and sprung up the table they were sitting next to as a shield.

"Who dares rampage in my Ash Flame Inn?!" The first person to speak after they were attacked wasn't Bai Lingyun or the ambusher, instead it was the scar-faced owner of the Inn that looked like he could rip someone apart with his barehands. The atmosphere of the Inn became tense as various people hired to protect the Inn looked over at the shifty-eyed attacker with bloodlust.

"I'm sorry. The woman over there is my most hated enemy. I apologise for causing a disturbance." The man bowed his head and apologised without a second thought. He didn't think that the ambush he had been planning for such a long time would be ruined by a punk who looked like a flower boy.

The man's sinisterly glanced over Fang Yun with doubt as he couldn't believe his chain had been grasped so easily. A hint of doubt appeared in his eyes as he decided to be more cautious of the youth who seemed to hide secrets.

Bai Lingyun went back to her persona as soon as she saw the man's face and Fang Yun felt a headache coming on as he really didn't want to get involved with her if she had a record of shady exploits. He let go of the man's chain and picked up his Medical-Kit before moving away to show where he stood.

Although he didn't hate Bai Lingyun considering how helpful she was to him, he still didn't have a good enough relationship to help her out for nothing. Being on a Hunting Team is beneficial for both of them, but getting involved in someone else's complicated matters would not be advantageous.

Seeing that Fang Yun wasn't interfering with him further, the chain-wielder took a step back and decided to not mess with him. He was keenly aware that someone as young and strong as him wouldn't be just some nobody.