9

"Relax Chancho,she can't be that bad."

"That bad..that..ba..Dinah,this girl is literally making me work 10 times harder. When Jerry asked if someone wanted to help me around for the first week.."get me familiar with everything" I should've known,the reason why that bitch volunteered! She wanted to make my life hell here. Dinah..that girl's a monster"

"Order up for Table no. 6 and 8"

Lucy yelled at me,it was her way of telling me to wrap up the call and get back to work.

"Dinah I gotta go,time to work. I'll talk to you later.  Also pray that I don't kill this Lucy chick,she's really getting on my nerves."

I quickly hung up and made way towards Lucy

"Well well the princess finally realized she's here to work and not to talk on the phone the entire day."

Lucy had literally been sitting on that counter top for the entire day. Everytime anyone told her to do anything she pinned it on me saying "you won't learn it until you do it." Assface.

"I was literally gone for like 5 minutes! geez stop being so dramatic,its not like this place is jam packed that you need me around you all the time"

I said this and rolled my eyes.

"Well,Cabello this food isn't gonna get to the customers' table itself so quit complaining and go and do your job."

I rolled my eyes and went to pick up the food to give it to the customers.

"Hey Mila,is everything ok? do you need me to help you with something?"

the only thing keeping me sane and helping me not hit Lucy was Ally and the rest of the staff. Ally was a real sweetheart like Lauren had mentioned,she kept checking up on me and was down to help me with anything I wanted

I smiled at her and told her I was fine

The customers were pretty nice too,it seemed like the diner had many regulars since everyone was treating me really nicely

once I was done with my orders I came back to where Lucy was,who was guess what! Talking on her phone. She was literally giving me a hard time for the same thing 2 seconds ago. Hypocrite. 

"Bye babe I'll call you later."

"Hypocrite"
I mumbled under my breath wishing she had heard me. Which I'm pretty sure she did because of the deathly look she was giving me.

I ignored her and went to sit with Ally,it was almost closing time and she was working the register, checking out today cash or something.

"So what do you think,do I have what it takes to be a diner girl?"
Ally looked up from what she was doing and gave me a big ass smile

"Hi Mila, and what are you even asking. You are a natural! Everyone liked you,the way you were talking to people. I had totally forgotten it was your first day here. I'm sure Lauren would be proud of you."

She ended with a sly smirk on her lips, and for some reason what she had said made me blush. I mean..I can't help it, everytime anyone talks about her I get all giddy.

"Oh my god, you're blushing! It's so adorable"

"I don't blush!"
I replied while trying to hide my face.

*Beep*
I checked my phone it was a message from Lauren
"Hey Camzi! Jackson and I will be there to pick you up in 15 be ready! And I wanna know everything you did today"

I read her message and smiled

"It that Lauren? Please tell me I just caught you smiling at Lauren's text"