Chapter 1

(3rd person p.o.v)

SpongeBob's fog horn alarm clock went off, the booming sound nearly waking the whole of bikini bottom.

It was 5:00 am, which meant it was time for him to get up out of bed, get some breakfast, and head off so that he can arrive extra early to work.

He threw off his bed sheets and sat up.

"Gooood morning bikini bottom!!" He got out of bed and ran down the stairs.

"Good morning Ger bear." He said petting his pet cat.

"Meow" Said Gary in response.

He filled up Gary's bowl with cat food.

He grabbed himself an apple and put on his Krusty Krab employee hat.

"Good bye Gary, I'm going to work now. Don't cause too much trouble whiles I'm gone." He said grinning at Gary. "BYE!" He slammed the door shut and made his way down to the Krusty Krab, home of the krabby patty.

"I'm ready, I'm ready, to goooo to work!" He sang very loudly walking down the street. He walked past Squidward's house singing at the top of his lungs just like he did every morning.

Squidward was in his music room, practicing a musical piece on his clarinet. He was still tone deaf and played the instrument horribly. People would plug their ears when he played, spongebob and Patrick would cheer really loudly in the audience. Squidward would yell at them to pipe down so that he can play his instrument.

He played his clarinet peacefully when he heard SpongeBob's voice screaming the words 'I'M READY!'. The loud voice startled him and he screwed up his piece.

His blood boiled from anger and he clenched his jaw.

Squidward marched over to his window and leaned out of it.

"SPONGEBOB! COULD YOU KEEP IT DOWN!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

He stopped in his tracks and looked up at his teal haired neighbour.

"Oh! Hello Squidward! I'm on my way to work! Care to join me this lovely morning?!" He said cheerfully and loud so that Squidward can hear him.

His cheeks tinted pink.

"Me?! Join you?! As if!!"

"...is that a yes?" SpongeBob questioned.

"Absolutely not!!"

"Oh..." He said kind of disappointed. "Well ok! Maybe next time then, see you at work Squidward!" He said walking off.

Squidward watched as the yellow haired boy walked away singing loudly.

Cute ...

He thought.

He mentally slapped himself. Thinking such thoughts are wrong. He could never let anybody else know about his feelings for the blonde. He just had to get over it, and the only way to do that is to convince himself that what he feels for SpongeBob is hatred.

SpongeBob was halfway to work, the Krusty Krab was already in view.

"SpongeBob!! Hey SpongeBob!" He heard someone call out his name.

He turned around and saw his pink haired friend.

"Hello..best friend." He said with the hugest grin.

"Hello! BEST FRIEND!" He yelled. He was holding two jelly fishing nets and had a big smile on his face. His smile instantly faded when he saw his hat. "OH NO!" He yelled pointing at the hat.

"What?! What is it Pat?!?" He shrieked.

"You're wearing that hat again!"

"What? My Krusty Krab hat?"

"Yeah! Whenever you wear that hat, you disappear for the whole day and I never get to see you."

"I don't disappear Pat, I'm just at the Krsty Krab, I have to work or else me and Gary will have no more food for our bellies." He said with a smile.

"You can borrow my food!"

"That's very nice of you Patrick but I gotta go to work or I'll be late and Mr. Krabs won't make me the employee of the month."
"Bye Pat, I'll see you tonight for our sleep over! This time don't forget the marshmallows, ok."

"Ok, I won't!" He said sadly. "Bye SpongeBob."

SpongeBob was already off to work, he couldn't be late to be early.

To be continued...