Chapter 2

The Krusty Krab was packed with customers. It was the lunch rush and many business workers and other employed citizens were on their ouch break. The Krusty Krab was currently the most popular fast food restaurant.

"Hey! I've been waiting for over fifteen minutes for my order! I'm kind of on a time crunch here!" One of the customers complained.

"Yeah yeah hold your horses will ya." Squidward said in the most apathetic tone of voice. He walked over to the little window he passed orders to Spongebob through.

"SpongBob! You almost done with the orders?"

"Just a minute Squidward!" He said cheerfully. He carefully placed the bun on the party making sure it was perfectly centred. He created a little smiley face with the ketchup and mustard.

"Now it's a happy patty" he whispered to himself.

He passed the order to Squidward. A diet soda, a Krabby patty with extra cheese and a side coral bits.

"Here you go Squidy." He smiled a Squidward.

Whiles he was passing the tray of food their hands brushed against each other making Squidward blush.

He took the trey of food.

"Order number 17!" he yelled.

"Finally!" He said grabbing his food disrespectfully.

SpongeBob was making Krabby Patties at top speed. Soon all the customers in the restaurant were served.

"Welp, time for my scheduled break." Squidward laid down in his work station picking up a magazine called fancy living. He flipped through the pages when something caught his eye.

A page with his arch nemesis Squilliam Fancyson m he was standing in front of a mansion with beautiful golden gates and a fountain with his sculpture spewing out water. He was surrounded by beautiful women and plies of money and gold bricks.

He had it all.

Squidward's dream house, his dream job, his dream life.

He imagined himself in Squilliam's place. Him standing in front of the mansion, a fountain with his sculpture on it. Surrounded by money and gold bricks. But instead of multiple beautiful woman, he had only one SpongeBob in his arms. He envisioned Spongebob kissing him on the cheek. But atlas, he was only a cashier of a greasy fast food restaurant, doomed to failure and a life forever alone. He let out a deep sigh and threw the magazine on the floor. Or maybe he didn't need all of the stuff, maybe he just wanted to have Spongebob. Money would be nice too, but his life wouldn't be complete if you didn't have someone to hold at night, some one to call his own.

"Psst"

Squidward turned around, from which the sound he heard came.

"Psst, Squidward!" He heard someone whisper. He turned around to see spongebob peaking through the window.

"*sigh* what is it SpongeBob?"

"After work, do you wanna have a sleep over with me and Patrick?" He said with a smile.

"And why would I do that?" He said annoyed.

"Because it will be fun!" He said still whispering. "There will be movies, hot coco, and board games. Do you wanna come?" He asked with a hopeful look on his face.

"Hmm, let me think, no." He said turning away from SpongeBob.

"Well..ok then. If you change your mind just drop by ok? Make sure to bring a sleeping bag."

"Suuree," he said unamused. He sunk back down into his seat.

"DAAADDYYY!!" Pearl yelled bursting into the Krusty Krab.

Mr. Krabs walked out of his office.

"SpongeBob! What is going...oh, it's just Pearl, me beloved daughter."

"Daddy!" The tall blonde teenager came speed walking up to Mr.Krabs.

"Yes Pearl?"

"I need to borrow some money." She sAid with desperate eyes. Mr. Krabs looked like bomb just dropped on him.

"Mon-money..?" He took a deep breath "how much money?"

"$100"

"One-one..ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!"

"Yes daddy, $100"

"WHAT FOR?!"

"I need a dress for prom! I saw one I the store! It was gorgeous! I HAVE to have it daddy! Or I won't look beautiful enough."

"But Pearl!" He said nervously. "You're beautiful just the way you are."

"You're just saying that because you don't wanna spend a buck or two on me!" She stormed out of the store. "Why are you so cheap! Why can't I have a better dad! You have so much money! Yet you won't even spend a penny on your own daughter!" She slammed the door.

Everyone in the Krusty Krab was staring at the whole scene. Mr. Krabs shook his head and walked back into his office.

"Squidward do you think that Mr.Krabs is ok?" SpongeBob asked concerned.

"Yeah, he's just a cheap skate, he probably went back in his office to flirt with his wallet." He said rolling his eyes.

"If Mr. Krabs and his money get married do you think that he'll invite us to the wedding?" SpongeBob asked. Squidward starred at SpongeBob before breaking out into laughter.

"SpongeBob, I think that's the funniest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth." He said sitting back down.

"Ok Squidward." He said going back to work.

Squidward picked up one of his romance novels. He thought about weather or not he should drop by Spongebob's sleep over.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Bye.