Chapter 5

Sami POV

Today was another day of school, and I was somewhat excited to go. I mean, I got a ton of new friends, and I was excited to make more. No matter how many friends I make, I was always willing to make more.

Nathan and I went to the library this morning, right before school started. Well, Ariana invited us to come. I walked into the library, to see a lot of people inside. Usually, when it comes to libraries, it would seem really quiet, and there would be an old grandma as the librarian. Then, everybody would be scared as hell, and no one would come anymore. But this, was different.

There were a ton of people. A lot more than I expected. And it was loud. People were shouting, some people were throwing paper airplanes, and some people were in a corner, talking. Very few people decided to read, or do their homework, or make up tests that they missed. Other than that, it was kind of like a party.

Ariana suddenly showed up to my side, and I jumped, scared that she just came out of nowhere. I placed a hand on my chest, and I calmed down.

"You scared me." I stated. "Why would you do that?"

"Sorry about that. I didn't think that you would get so scared easily." She replied with an apologetic smile.

"It's alright. So, is it usually this noisy here?"

"Never been quieter in the morning."

"Wow. Never thought that it would be this loud in a library. Ever." She laughed at my response.

"Well, you have to get used to a lot of stuff here. It's just your second day here. So, it makes sense. You will get everything later on." I nodded my head.

I sat down right in between Nathan and Ariana, and I took a piece of gum out of my pencil case, and I took it out of the shiny, blue wrapper. I was about to put it in my mouth, and taste the fresh outburst of flavor, but I tasted absolutely nothing at all.

"Mmm... that's some good gum. What brand is it?" I heard a masculine voice behind me. He placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Carter, you should have not eaten my food." I turned around in my chair, and folded my arms at my chest. I glared at him, clearly annoyed that he took my food.

"What? You give your brother some cake, and I don't get anything?"

"It clearly makes sense. He's my brother, and I shared it with him. You are a friend, and you took my food."

"But-"

"No buts."

"You're making a big deal of this small situation." Nathan barged into the conversation.

"Nathan, I know that you would do the same if someone steals your food. Remember that time Noah ate your cereal and you started making a big fuss about it?"

"But a bowl of cereal is bigger than a stick of gum. You did the same thing last night."

"Don't say anything about my s'more. You ate my s'more. I roasted the marshmallow, and I sandwiched it perfectly."

"Ha! I made a better s'more last night."

"Ask Mom. She knows that I'm the bomb at making food."

"Yeah. She calls you, 'The Bomb' when it comes to making food because you bomb every dish you make. Then I have to redo it." I gasped dramatically.

"Liar! I make food better than you do."

"Yeah? Prove it."

"Who was the one who burned the lasagna two nights ago?"

"That was one time."