Chapter 11

Sami POV

"Ready to go to school today?" Nathan asked, rubbing my arm to make me feel a little bit more comfortable about the thought of going to school after so many rumors were spread. And the bad part is that none of them were cleared yet.

"I would really use a stay-home-pass, but you know that it wouldn't work out well, considering you're my brother." I stated bluntly. "But at the same time, someone has to clear all the bad thoughts from people's minds."

"You got that right. I'll be right next to you, no matter what you think of my reputation. One reason being, you are my sister, and the other, I don't care what my reputation is, as long as you support me back. And I know you do."

"That is yet another wonderful, and heartwarming comment that you gave me in this week."

"You need more to make you feel better about yourself." And that was true. He slung an arm over my shoulder, and we started walking to school.

My increased heart beat echoed through my ears with every step I took towards the school property. I was sure that once I step onto school property, my heart would jump out of my rib cage, out of my body, and sprint to the other side of the world in two seconds. I was sure of that. I opened my water bottle to take a sip of water. Due to my heart beating faster, heat was gathering on my skin, making my body feel warmer than it did before. I'm pretty sure that I'm trembling of fear.

"Samantha, it's going to be alright. As long as I'm with you, nothing is going to happen. If someone makes a bad comment about you, I told you, 'I'll make them meet my fist.'" He said, quoting the words he said on the first day of school. And I knew that he meant it.

Feeling more confident that my brother was by my side, put my chin up, and I walked into the school. Even though I was still really scared, I knew that no one could do anything to me.

As I was walking through the hallways to my first class, everyone started staring at me. People whispered, and they laughed. Some guys had a smirk on their face. Many people looked at me with pure disgust in their eyes, while others looked at me with pity.

The more I walked into the school to get it my class, I started shrinking, more, and more; my confidence started to wear away. I looked down, as some of my hair fell on my face, and my hood covered almost my whole face, except for my chin.

I thought that I was going to be the confident one today? What happened to that confidence? It all wore off, because every time I step into this school, I can't help but think of all that has happened so far. I know that I've said that more than five times, but when I am in this situation, that's all I would think about.

Whatever makes me confident? I don't know, maybe having less people bully me?

I saw that colorful door of Mr. Fitzgerald's classroom. I knew that I had to leave my brother now, since he had to go to the classroom right next to my first class. Even though I really didn't want to, I didn't have a choice. Oh, how nice it would have been if some teachers would let us switch classrooms...

"If anyone says something, just tell me, and I'll take care of it, okay?" I nodded my head.

"I wish you were in my class." I stated. And I really wish he was. Even if he was in all of my other classes, I would really appreciate if he was in another one of my classes.

"I know. I wish I was too, but I have to go to class now. And you too. I'll meet you after first period, okay?" I nodded, understanding the situation. I hugged him, and he hugged me back with a heartwarming bear hug. "Bye, Sami."

I waved to him before I walked into my class.

Suddenly, I felt someone hug me tight, which took me aback. I froze for a second, until I realized that it was the one and only Ariana who braced me. After that realization, I hugged her back, not caring what anyone else in the class thought at that moment.