Chapter 15

Cole POV

Step by step. Step by step. I walked with Samantha to our homes. The way to our houses were almost the same, but at one point, we had to part ways, and she goes to her house, I go to mine.

We didn't talk much along the way home. Just a few words, and then we parted. One thing that I can't forget was what just happened. She's gonna keep me up all night thinking. She made this weird hand gesture at me, when had only her thumb, index, and pinky fingers up, but all the rest of her fingers were put down. She knows that I don't know what it means, so why did she show it to me? What does it mean?

I made the same hand gesture that she made to me. What the hell does this mean? It looks like a fucking rock symbol but with the thumb up instead of down. I know that she likes music, but I thought she liked classical and pop? What the fuck?

All the way home, I just thought about what she tried to say to me, and what she was thinking. I'm no expert, but I think that she said it just because she didn't want me to know. Great, now, I would never know what it means. I can't wait to learn all of sign language. I could communicate with Ariana, and I could know what she would be swearing at me. And I could roast people without having them knowing what it means. God, this is so cool.

I opened the door to the big mansion right in front of my eyes, to be greeted by butlers and maids, willing to take my backpack and place my shoes away.

"Sir Turner, why not I take your backpack? How about your shoes?" the butler asked me. I simply shook my head in response.

I wanted to feel like I am not too rich. But unfortunately, I am. I just wish that I could live a normal life, like Samantha and her family. I have never been to her house before, but Ariana has told me about her house after she started talking to me again, just recently. I wish that I could be in a house like that, where I have both parents, and a smaller house that makes it feel like there are more people in the house. But in this mansion, there are three people, and it feels like there is no one in this house. Constantly, maids and butlers work here, but they are too formal to consider family.

My butler, George, has been too formal to me. Although I have told him many times to call me by my name, but he refuses and still calls me, "Sir Turner". Then the friends who think that I am so cool, just for my money. The sluts too. What I appreciate in this life is that my sister isn't like me. A player, and idiot who goes around bullying a girl who was innocent.

I fell back, and my back momentarily hit the back soft mattress. Right next to me was my backpack, and right next to the bed, was a nightstand. I stared at the nightstand that had a golden picture frame on it. One that I look at when I think that I did something wrong.

It was a picture of my family, before my Dad left forever. After he left, I knew that he made a big mistake to leave my Mom for another woman. He made a huge mistake. From that day onwards, if I did something wrong, I would look at that picture, and remember everything that I have done.

Mom used to say that I looked exactly like Dad when they were in elementary school, and I have to say, that I agree. She said that I had his genes, and that I was just like him. But some of those might be correct. Yes, I am a player; I go on from girl to girl, but I don't leave the ones that I love. The ones who were meant to be with me, unlike Dad did.

I slowly came up into a sitting position, and I pinched the bridge of my nose to release all the tension. I didn't want to think of this anymore. As soon as I got up from the bed, to go to my closet, I jumped in fright as Ariana barged into my room.

"What the fuck Ari? You almost gave me a heart attack!" I scolded her for scaring me. I know that she loves scaring people, especially me. God, I hate her for that. She snickered briefly, before she started talking normally.