Chapter 22

Cole POV

I panted as my arms burning, due to climbing a wall. My skin felt like it was on fire, along with all the sweat being accumulated on my skin. I know that I would have slipped, and fall from my current state, which was about twenty feet above the ground, probably fracture my back, and not go anywhere, but that would only happen if I would have not be wearing gloves with a good grip at this moment. And I am very thankful that I am wearing them.

Thought I was in the gym rock climbing or something like that? No. Think again.

It was currently one in the morning, and I snuck out of the mansion, hoping that none of the butlers or the maids would see me sneak out. Well, I was glad that I had already snuck out of the mansion without anybody looking. Now, I am dangling twenty feet above the ground, and not on my house.

Now don't get me wrong; I am not robbing another house. I have enough money.

I pulled myself up, and I climbed onto the other side of the metal rod, finally arriving at Sami's balcony. I took my skiing mask off along with one of my black shirts and the pair of gloves that I was wearing. And gladly, I was wearing another one underneath. I let out a tiresome breathe, walking to the patio door of Sami's balcony. I opened it, to see that it was dark in her room.

I took out a flashlight from a bag that I brought along with me. I turned it on, and showed it around the room. The light wasn't too bright, so she wouldn't wake up with this. I took this chance to just look around her room.

I don't even know what color the walls in her room are. She has those many pictures covering her walls. She was in most of them, and there were many pictures with her family. Her brothers were in some of them alone, and Ariana was in some too. After a while of just looking at her pictures, I found out that some of the pictures had me in them too.

I remember these pictures. Some of them were selfies with both of us, and some of them were just of me. Then I looked around, and my eye found a picture of Sami when she was a little girl, about two to three years old. She looked adorable in that picture. She was there with two woman, a man, and an old couple with her. I think it was her grandparents, I think that both her Mom and Dad were there too. And there was one more person. Maybe an Aunt?

After looking all over her room, I realized the purpose of sneaking into Sami's room.

Well, guess what? My Mom isn't home because she went on a business trip, and my sister isn't home either, because she said that she would hang out with Sami and Nathan. And here she is, probably in a deep sleep with Nathan. But the thing that I don't understand is that Mom doesn't care if Ariana leaves the house, and stays there overnight, but she cares if I leave the house and go out somewhere overnight.

Like come on, I'm the older one. I used to be the one who used to babysat Ariana. And she cannot trust me at all. Like not one bit.

That is why I decided to sneak out of the house (because the butlers and the maids will surely tell Mom if I were to go out of the house. It's like I am a prisoner or something), and come here, to Sami's house.

I sat by the edge of Sami's bed, to see her sleeping peacefully. She wasn't wearing any blanket over her, and I don't blame her, because it was pretty warm in her room. She was wearing short-shorts, and a loose black shirt that almost covered her shorts, making it look like she was wearing only a t-shirt.

Her long, bare, creamy legs were visible through the dark (my flashlight was turned off). Her small figure wasn't sprawled out like I thought she would be. Even though her long hair was braided, the loose strands covered a little bit of her face, while dancing with the breeze of the fan slowing spinning above us. Even though it was dark, I could see her lips, which looked as soft as baby skin, and I can almost imagine them pink, like her adorable blush.