chapter 9 :: nerves? or butterflies?

~ Ethan ~

"Nervous?" Amy asks me as she, Mark, Kathyrn, and Tyler watch me walk downstairs.

"Not really, actually," I smiled.

"Maybe we should chaperon?" Mark jokes.

"Oh I'd appreciate that, Mark, but I think I'll be ok." We all laugh.

My phone dings and Kaia texted me that she's all set.

I check myself out in the mirror one last time, grab my car keys, make sure I got my wallet, etc. etc.

"Good Luck!" 

"Thanks, you guys, " I smile as I head out, "and lock my door and be out of my house before 12pm, ok?"

"You got it!" Mark says as I walk out the door.

I walk down the block and right as I go to ring the doorbell, the door goes flying open, revealing Kaia.

"Oh! Sorry about that," She blushes in embarrassment.

"Don't worry! Just got a little spooked that's all," I laugh and she joins in my laughter, "so, you ready?" 

"I sure am," She smiles as she closes her front door.

Oh geez, what is this feeling?

~ Kaia ~

Why do I feel like my stomach is turning? I'm not on a rollercoaster, I'm just talking to someone.

"Any song type of recommendations?" Ethan asks as we got into his car.

"Do you have any throwback bops?"

"Oh yeah I do!" Ethan gets all excited and searches his library of music playlist.

The playlist titled, Time Capsule: Childhood, began to play on the radio.

This is going to be a fun day.

////

It's been awhile everyone! Sorry about that!

Been really unmotivated and writer's block SUCKS.

~ Caro!