chapter 10 :: where to?

Author's Note: The bold, italicized phrases are lyrics from the song above

~Kaia~

every day, I imagine a future where I can be with you

Who would've known I'd be here? Sitting in a car with the one guy I've been crushing on, virtually. 

"No. Way."

"What?"

"You have the Drake and Josh theme song on this playlist?!" I giggle excitingly.

"Yeah..." Ethan blushes, in embarrassment.

"I freaking love THIS SONG!" I smile to reassure him I wasn't laughing at him.

I never thought it would be so simple 'cuz I found a way. I found a wayyyy.

We sang the entire theme song, back vocals and all. It was like a movie scene moment was playing. The next song rolled on and it was Everytime We Touch by Cascade and let's just say we were equally excited about this song as we were about the previous one.

! Ethan !

when will I find that special day?

This is everything I could've wished for. The girl I've been crushing on is here. I thought I'd never see the day and I would end up being alone. But no. She's here with me, singing songs we both love. 

"Any plans for today?"

"Honestly I have no clue what to do."

"What do you mean you have no clue?!" She looks at me.

Wow. Her eyes are

a d o r a b l e.

She probably got away with a lot of mischief as a kid with those eyes.

"Ethan?"

"Hm? Oh sorry! Zoned out for a bit," I laugh it off, "what I mean is that I want to go on a little blind adventure because planned adventures aren't really adventures, ya know?"

"Hmm, fair point. Well, let this be the best blind adventure ever."

"It shall be."

It shall be. What the fuck, Ethan? Stop trying to be British or Kingsman-like. Who am I kidding Colin Firth is the only British person I can copy and he's the biggest gentleman ever and I'm..well.. me.

~Kaia~

what do you call love in your reality?

We've been driving for a bit and we roll up to a Chick-Fil-A and Ethan asks me what I want. To be fair, I've never had Chick-Fil-A. I think it's an American version of Nandos maybe? But I don't want to be rude.

"Well, I've never ordered from here before," I stammer, "Order me what you like."

"Oh! I should've asked you where to eat first but this place is so good. Don't you worry." He smiles, "Drink choice?"

"Lemonade?"

"Excellent choice, ma'am." We both laugh at his formality towards me.

He orders our food and drinks and we wait in the drive-through line.

Ethan looks at me and asks "So, Kaia, what made you move here to sunny LA?"

"Well, I do love England a lot. But there's always been more opportunities here in the U.S than in the UK for me and I've wanted to try a new atmosphere. So, moving to a whole other continent is me trying a new atmosphere," I realize how long I've been talking for and just turn to see him staring.

"Oh! I totally understand! I loved living in Maine but I had way more YouTube opportunities here in LA. So I totally get your reasoning," Ethan slightly blushes as he's been caught staring at me.

I smile back, finally, someone understands me.

! Ethan !

What good are words when a smile says it all? 

Her smile absolutely melts my heart. She looks like someone finally understands her, and I really do understand where she's coming from.

I drive up to the window and hand the cashier my credit card. Minutes later, the cashier hands me a white paper bag with our food inside and our drinks right after.

As we pull out of the Chik-Fil-A parking lot, Kaia asks,

"So, where to?"