Shot

Rose's POV

~*~

I woke up to the radio. I groaned and remembered I had nothing to do today, so it would be good to go out as Angel today. I got into the costume and turned on the TV and listened to the weather, it being a nice day today, but gloomy later. I shouldered on my bow when the interesting part came on.

"A huge bank robbery has 24 or more people inside held hostage. Spiderman is not even here! Where is Spiderman? We have also been wondering for a while, where is Angel?"

I shut it off and let my wings shoot out. I jumped from the balcony and shot into the city as people shouted and pointed up at my form in the sky.

"She's here!"

"Angel!"

"The Angel has made it on time people! Let's watch the action!" said the reporter I saw on TV smiled. I rolled my eyes and dove straight down to the bank where the cops were. They looked up as I landed in a crouch, cracking the cement a bit.

"Oops...Sorry!" I said cheerfully and walked over, but they were cautious.

"No need, fellas. I'm here to help. Until the end." I assured. They lower their weapons as I smiled and did a loud clap.

"Alright! Guard every way possible for any escapes. No reporters or people in or out like this." I waved to them.

"Too da loo!" I said in a sing song voice and shot up to the large glass dome. I silently slid inside and saw a lot more than 24 hostages. Four were injured. I believe two were dead. I winced at the sight and then also spotted two of the hurt ones. Peter and May. I felt so angry as the man beating them raised his hand for a blow. I let go of the beam and raised my fists as people screamed and took cover as I hit the marble floor and it exploded out, knocking back the men. I covered May and Peter quickly and used telekinesis to stop the rubble from hitting the citizens. I got out my claws and slashed at an incoming man and twirled, ducking down. I slashed his ankles and he flipped onto his back and cried out in pain. I got up by flipping into a front flip and hitting another man in the chest and shot him back into a marble pillar. As I was in mid-air from the push, I flipped so my face was to the floor and my legs wrapped around the man's waist. I used momentum and went through his legs, him flipping and doing a head-first smack to the ground. People were running out screaming. I noticed May and Peter blocked off and ran at them, leaping over and spinning in mid-air. I was so angry and full of adrenaline that I got so much energy. I tackled him and slammed his head on the marble floors and he was out cold. I panted slightly and turned to Peter and May, who looked shocked.

"C'mon. You're lucky a friend of mine is really good friends with you two." I said and took their weight onto my shoulders and walked out. I couldn't help but notice Peter was healing well. Fast. I shook it off and helped them to an ambulance when I heard an explosion in slow motion and everything slowed. Huge bricks were flying to the people and I shot out my hand and stopped it and shot it at a huge, armored truck with tons of money and jewels, I suspected. I shot the bricks at the truck and flapped my wings in momentum as I ran towards it. I leapt and used the air and shot up, following the van that lost a window. I landed on the driver's side and knocked. I went up and saw the man inside with a bald head and hazel eyes and was huge and muscular. I pointed at the window and motioned to roll it down. He was stupid and did that.

"Hey there! You know me, right? Angel? Nice to meet you!" I took his hand and shook it, but used strength and broke it. He yelled in agony.

"Why you little-"

"No language!" I tisked. In response, he got out a machine gun and fired.

"Woah!" I shouted and got on the roof, my feet dangling by the window. I waved to people and smiled as I passed like I was a royal. I laughed and shouted, "Hello citizens of New York!"

I leaned my head to the guy and found a gun at my head. I snapped my head up before he fired.

"Woah! No need for that, buddy!" I shouted and my dangling bare feet kicked his face. He grunted as my feet took the wheel. I didn't even look it and I felt the wheel and started to drive, whistling and acting like nothing serious was happening. We were about the crash into civilians, but I used telekinesis and put them aside. Instead, I accidentally put a man in a hot dog cart.

"Sorry!" I called as his mustard and ketchup covered head popped up.

I laughed a bit, liking my cockiness, if I do say so myself. :)

The van swerved to the right and I flipped backwards and tucked in my wings so I didn't hurt them. I was sitting by the right window with my feet dangling. A silver web shot next to me, inches from my right hand, and I looked up to see the red and blue spandex guy himself. He landed in a crouch next to me.

"I like that cockiness of yours. Thanks for saving my friend and his aunt back there."

My head shot up at this. Spidey? Friends with Pete?

"Oh, no problem. My friend wouldn't want him hurt." I accidentally blurted. I could tell he was smirking and an eyebrow rose, by how his mask moved.

"Not hurt, huh? Who is this friend? Rose? Ah, yes. That girl Pete liked so much." he asked. My head shot up. Peter...Liked me? He...Spidey knew me? Oh God, was he stalking me and watching me sleep?! Nah...Possibly though. I shook the thoughts off.

Spidey seemed to be nervous at that comment he blurted out. I sighed and smacked my foot against the glass and slid into the car in the passenger seat as the man was shaking off the glass. I leaned back, relaxed.

"So, where did you learn to drive?" I asked and he jumped. I grabbed the gun before he shot and shot his foot. He screamed out as I hit the breaks and I hit my head on the window. I groaned and shook off the glass and sighed, seeing the knocked out man. I looked on the roof to see Spidey sitting there like nothing happened.

"Super grip. Nice." I grinned and went to the back. I was about to open it up when a hand grabbed my wrist. It belonged to Spidey.

"What are you doing?" he tilted his head curiously.

"Don't you want to know what they were stealing?" I asked. He sighed and nodded. We both opened the doors and inside was something I never expected.

Nothing.

Nothing but a black flash drive on the floor. Spidey didn't see it yet so I went inside and blocked it from view with my dress. I crouched down like I was examining the floors and picked it up.

"What the h*ll?" I muttered, "An empty trailer? There was..."

I jumped up in realization and smiled to myself. I clapped and spun in a circle, giggling. Spidey looked at me.

"What?" he asked. I turned to him and grinned and replied, "I forgot I switched out the trailers as he was moving with telekinesis." But if I switched trailers, one with diamonds...How did a flash drive get inside an empty trailer?

Spidey held up a hand as if to high-five me and I did that.

"Not bad. But you shouldn't be out here. It's dangerous." his tone turned dark and I was surprised.

"I'll be just fine. If I'm not, I'll someday let you tell me, 'I told you so.' Deal?"

He sighed and shook his head, but said, "Fine."

I grinned and kissed his cheek. He jumped and touched his cheek gingerly as I flew out. I could tell he was smiling a little under that mask.

As I flew away, I winced in pain and found the shot that barely grazed my arm and bled slowly.