Chapter Two: Hades

When Bastion regained consciousness he was strapped to a chair inside what he assumed was someone's office

When Bastion regained consciousness he was strapped to a chair inside what he assumed was someone's office. Some things hadn't changed at all in the decades he'd been gone. The desk and chairs were still made of wood or metal, and there were posters strewn over holes in the walls in an attempt to give it some character. Other aspects, however, were terrifyingly new. The thing on his desk, for example. It was compact and sleek in its design, at least by Bastion's standards, and from where he was sitting he could have sworn that he saw something on the other side... Some sort of dark glass and a gadget with letters on buttons.

Bastion pulled against the straps with a scowl then glanced up to the figures entering the room. One was the woman from before. She was taller than the man beside her, with a shield on her back and a lasso in her hands. The other looked to be in a position of power. He was draped in military attire and ribbons of honour were clipped to his chest.

"I understand that you made quite a mess of our science facility." The man spoke, sauntering over to the free chair and resting in it. "You'll be pleased to know that the man you shot is alive. We managed to get him medical help just in time."

"That does not please me." Bastion sneered threateningly. "He is a waste of life."

Behind him, he could almost feel Wonder Woman fuming at his words. At the very least he knew she was half a second away from knocking him out again. It didn't seem within her character to do so without cause though... much to Bastion's relief.

"Considering that you're from a different time, and likely exposed to Nazi propaganda during the war, I'll let that slide." The man said sternly, and suddenly his harmless face scrunched into something much more intimidating. "Say it again though, and I'll allow Wonder Woman to drop you from the tallest building in the city."

"Sounds preferable to listening to you Americans." Bastion snapped back.

The man shook his head in slight annoyance, and finally gave Wonder Woman a small nod. This had her shifting over to Bastion and wrapping her lasso tightly around his form. Bastion, admittedly confused, furrowed his brow at the both of them. He was already strapped down... He didn't know why they thought additional rope was necessary.

"Let's start again." The man said a lot more calmly this time. "I'm General Rayland, what should we call you?"

"Your superior." Bastion replied with a wicked smirk.

Wonder Woman yanked on the lasso and sent his back slamming against the hard wood of the chair. "You are superior to no one." She hissed at him.

"Fascism went out of style decades ago." General Rayland quipped, though his expression remained firm. "Now, do you have a name?"

"No." was Bastion's quick reply.

The lasso around him tightened and started to glow. Each section of the rope let off a seering heat that felt as if it was burning right through his clothes. Bastion's emotions turned from defiance to confusion in an instant. He stared down wide eyed at the lasso, both terrified and intrigued but not showing either.