Introductions

"The Dark Stranger"
© VeGirl 2014

"My husband?" I gawk and simply glare at him with sarcastically raised eyebrows.

He smiles.

I have done my best to take his possible story seriously, but that all vanished like a puff of smoke. "You're crazy!" I push him off of me, turn and slam the door in his face, leaving him there on my front porch. Here I approach him with sincerity and he just mocks me like this?

Husband, really? Isn't this making things go a little too far?

Take advantage of the poor girl who just broke up with her boyfriend why don't you? Okay, maybe people didn't have to feel bad for me, since this was my own decision, but please don't come and fill me up with these preposterous lies! I hear him knock and call for me, but all I do is ignore him, walk upstairs and hold a pillow over my ears to block him out.

To think he was a vampire is bad enough, but to being ridiculed, laughed at and being forced this 'truth' is ridiculous!

It takes me forever to fall asleep, and when I finally do he is of course there to torment me, making me long for his arms around me, and those exquisite lips on mine.

* * *

Over the next week I do my best to ignore him, but the man who has been vanished, suddenly is everywhere; he even pops up at the supermarket when I am standing by the fruit stand. "Hi gorgeous." His smirk is making my stomach flutter, but I am determined not to let him know.

"What do you want?" I ask a little too briskly.

"I just want to be here for you, darling."

I grid my teeth, turn and walk away from him. My phone chimes and I see on the display that it is Milo. "Hi Milo, just the one I wanted to see."

He chuckles. "Of course you want to see me. So how about going to the Cave?"

I laugh at the way he can lift my spirit. "A rerun? How about we go somewhere else?" I suggest.

"How about the Cave?"

I laugh at his persistence and agree to meet him there before we hang up. I'm glad that it is Saturday and I don't have to wait more than a few hours to be distracted by him. I have not turned around to look at Vincent, but I know that he has heard the whole conversation. When I finally turn around to get my shopping trolley, I avoid his eyes. I can feel them on me, but I deny him my eyes on his, I just turn and walk away.

A small part of me wants him to follow me, the part that is aching for his touch, and located somewhere deep within me.

A couple of hours later I am dressed to the teeth and meet Milo outside The Cave.

"Well hello there!" He gives me some appreciative looks and a low whistle before he kisses my cheek and put an arm around my neck to lead me inside.

Trey is standing by the bar. "Hey gorgeous, are you feeling better?" He greets me with a kiss on the cheek. "Are you here with that guy again?" He nods teasingly towards Milo. "When will you go out with me?"

I laugh at his question. "You haven't asked me. You do know that is custom, don't you?" I joke with him, feeling confident and strong. And determined not to think about Vinc...damn it, there I did it again!

After a drink on the house, Milo and I hit the dancefloor. As I'm sure I have mentioned before, Milo is a great dancer and I just revel in the feeling of his swaying hips and the way he appreciates my dancing skills. The way other girls glare at me is just a bonus.