Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Niall whistled a small tune as he made his way out of the school. He paused at seeing a tiny brunette sitting under the tree near the school parking lot. He frowned and his eyebrows came together in slight confusion at the fact that Camila was still here. He made his way over to her and looked down at her.

She had her knees pulled up to her chest with her arms wrapped around them and her face pressed to her knees. She was making small sniffling sounds and her shoulders shook lightly. He frowned at realizing that she was crying. "Hey, Mila. What's going on?" He asked as he sat down next to her, dropping his bag beside him before wrapping his arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer to him.

"I can't breathe."

"Why's that?" he asked as he watched her though she made no move to look up at him.

"Lauren."

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow because he wasn't really expecting that one. He knew Lauren was mean but she usually never made Camila cry, just Shawn most of the time. "Well what did she do this time?" he asked with a small roll of his eyes because someone was really going to have to put her in her place one of these days.

"She stole my heart." Niall blinked a few times as he took in her words before he looked up at the sound of someone walking towards them only to watch Normani stop in front of them.

"Hey." She said with a big sigh and Niall raised an eyebrow at her before looking pass her to watch as Lauren stepped out of the building, even from the distance he could see the dark make-up that ran down her face like she had been crying too. "Let me get you home, Camila." Normani whispered softly as she picked up Camila's bag for her. The brunette nodded her head as she raised it only for her eyes to fall on Lauren as she jumped into her car. She bit her lip and Normani and Niall followed her eyes, watching as Lauren sped out of the parking lot.

"I really wish she'd slow down." Camila hiccupped as she rubbed her red and swollen eyes as she watched the car leave before she rose to her feet. She glanced at Niall and he offered a small smile that she returned. "Thanks for sitting with me, Niall. I'll see you later." She said with a wave before walking towards Normani's car. Normani sighed as she watched her go before looking at Niall.

"Okay what's really going on?" He asked as he stared up at her.

"It's a long story. I'll call you later." She said with a nod of her head. He returned it before watching her jog to catch up with Camila. She opened the door for her and he watched Camila slip into the car silently as Normani walked to the other side. He stood up as he watched them drive off and picked his bag up. He shook his head as he made his way to his own car.

Normani took Camila back to her own house where she allowed Camila to rest her head on her lap, sitting on her couch, and cry silent tears. They ate a crap load of junk food and watched romantic comedies. Normani barely watched the movies though, she was too busy watching Camila who seemed to be in her own world like in math class but this world seemed to be a lot darker. It was like she had lost a piece of herself.

As the night went on she could tell that Camila was turning into a time bomb and she'd blow up if she didn't rekindle at least her friendship with Lauren. Her eyes became darker and her frown deeper the longer she sat in her own thoughts. The overnight change was almost frightening for Normani to watch.

She knew Camila cherished every one of her friendships and especially her friendship with Lauren, and losing any friendship would destroy her. But losing whatever she had with Lauren was causing something to snap inside of her and Normani hated that she felt powerless to stop it.