Regret

I watched as my Time Lord set his hand on the wall. Rose was gone and she took his happiness with her.

I clenched my fists when I saw his shoulders twitch as if he was about to cry. Other people gathered around said nothing as he walked away from the wall.

I followed after him like always, placing a hand on his shoulder. He glanced over at me. I squeezed his shoulder lightly, but he just looked away. I released his shoulder with a silent sigh, rubbing my face. The Doctor just kept walking back to the TARDIS.

Within hours he'd been able to figure out a way to contact her. It was full of tears and he'd been about to tell her what he'd wanted to say all along, but the connection cut off. I watched as he slowly broke down and sat down in his chair, his hand over his face. I frowned as I sat down next to him.

Hesitantly, I pulled him closer and let him lay across my lap while I stroked his hair. He cried for a long time.

When he went quiet I looked down at him. The old man was looking up at me with those sad eyes of his.
"Please," he said weakly, "Please, say something." I felt my heart crack a bit and my core throbbed painfully. I couldn't say anything. It wasn't the right time.

He laughed bitterly, "Even now, you won't talk to me." I opened my mouth, but I couldn't force any noise to come out. I sighed inaudibly, giving my Time Lord a pleading look.

He silently sat up, a strange look in his eye as he leaned forward, pressing his lips to mine. My eyes widened while his closed. I knew this was wrong. I knew it would be taking advantage of him. I didn't want to keep going.

"Please..." he said softly. I mentally groaned in frustration. How could I deny him this? How could I deny myself this? I swallowed my guilt as I pressed back and wrapped my arms around his waist, closing my eyes to hide my tears. I knew he was going to pretend I was her. He loved her, not me. Was it so unbelievable or wrong to him? Couldn't he see himself loving me?

I pulled him closer and started kissing along his jaw, "Rose..." he moaned. I felt my heart break. Apparently he couldn't even bring himself to moan my name instead of hers. I knew it would happen, but hearing it... I trailed my kisses down his neck, unbuttoning his shirt. He moaned again, louder this time, when I bit his collar bone. His fingers dug into my back and grabbed my cloak.

He moaned her name the entire time I pounded into him. I kissed him harder and got rougher every time I heard her name leave his lips. By the time I was done, he was passed out on the bed we'd managed to find. Clothes littered the way to the room and the room itself was a mess. The Doctor's hips had bruises from where I'd held too tightly and his thighs were red from our skin slapping together. I sat there on the bed, my head in my hands. We would never speak of this and, frankly, I didn't want to.

I got up and grabbed my clothes, going to the shower attached to the room we were in. After my shower, I wrapped the towel around my waist and went to the room the old man kept all the clothes, my cloak slung over my shoulder.

When I got there I grabbed a pair of black jeans with a rip on the right knee and a grey shirt with a black spider web pattern on the shoulders. By the time I went back to check on the Doctor he was already taking a shower. I shook my head and went back to the control room.

The 10th Doctor walked into the room like nothing had happened the night before and smiled at me. The smile was familiar. It was warm with a touch of sadness. It was like Rose had just left and was going to return soon.

We both knew better, but I think he was hoping to get her back somehow, though it was impossible. I watched as he walked around, flipping a few switches. Then, an ugly woman that looked to be in her thirties came into the TARDIS!

It was in orbit and she just suddenly appeared. When she started yelling I raised a brow, this would be interesting. I smiled a little when she slapped the Doctor in the face. Oh yeah, this was definitely going to be interesting.

X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X X_X_X_X

Death and I have a strong bond. Not just friends or...or just boyfriends. We're mates, as Death calls it. Some kind of ghosty thing. Not sure how it really works.

Anyway, when that memory played in my mind I sat up in bed, looking over at Death. His brow was furrowed and he kept shifting uncomfortably in his sleep. I frowned with a silent curse to my own name, at least to the me before me. Would that still be cursing myself? I was literally a different man back then.

I shook my head, returning my attention to Death. He had an amused smile on his face, like he was trying not to laugh. "You heard that, didn't you?" I asked, knowing he was awake now.

He opened those beautiful mismatched eyes. One a deep blue and the other a swirling toxic green. He laughed lightly and pulled me down into a kiss. I hummed lightly as he pulled away, "Say my name." he said quietly.

"Death." I said, not questioning why, I already knew the answer. I wrung my hands, a nervous habit I couldn't seem to break, "I'm sorry."

He laughed softly and pulled me close, "You say my name. That's what counts." He paused for a moment, "I love you, Doctor." he whispered.

I slung an arm around his waist and shuffled closer, "I know you aren't her, Death." I kissed his cheek before laying my head over his heart and core. I liked listening to them beat and thrum together, "I love you too, Death." I put emphasise on his name and he pulled me closer. "I love you."

He sighed, "I want to hear you say that for the rest of time."
I chuckled lightly, "Then you will." I replied. "I'll say it everyday, if that means you won't leave."

I felt his arms tighten around me, "I won't leave you." He whispered, his voice light, "I am your constant companion, after all."