Ch 2. Showdown At Courmarine City Gym.

It was a load of fun making our way to Courmarine City. I got my pokemon in great shape for our next gym badge! Serena even inspired me to become a pokemon performer so I watched a couple videos on this girl Aria who is supposedly Kalos Queen. Her and her Braixen are such a great team.

I make it to the gym and I see that you have to climb a tree just to get it the battlefield.

"Ready Eevee?" I ask.

"Eevee!" She cheers and jumps on a branch and makes her way up and I follow close behind.

"You're an even better climber than me buddy." I laugh as we climb up the tree. Once were at the top I stretch out and fist bump.

"Yes I'm all fired up for this battle." I say but then I hear movement and look to the side to see Ramos the gym leader.

"Ramos, I would like to have a battle with you today." I say confidently.

"That's all fine sugar but how about some tea?" He asks and I look to Eevee who shrugs and we follow Ramos into his little hut.

"Word speeds fast around these parts. I heard you came all the way from the Kanto region." Ramos says as he pours me a cup.

"That's right. I'm from pallet town. I'm
Mackenzie." I say and he nods.

"This is some fine tea, you have here Ramos. It must because you grow such fresh herbs." I say politely and he just waves at me.

"Oh hush, you know how to make an old man smile. Listen here, if you like the fresh herbs we should visit my garden." Ramos says and I smile.

"Sure, let's go!" I cheer and he stands and leads me out back to his beautiful garden where a bunch of pokemon are helping out. I grab a watering can and help the pokemon water the fresh plants.

"Oh how sweet of you." Ramos says and I giggle.

"Ramos, I think your a man with a green thumb. This garden is just beautfiul. This whole gym is outstanding. Perfect for grass type pokemon." I say as I put back the watering can and look around.

"Thank you." He says.

"I'm ready for our battle now." I say.

"Then lets get too it." He says and we both walk towards the battlefield. I smirk when I see Ash and the other climb up the tree and arms smear the battlefield looking at the whole gym amazed.

"Well, looks like I'm one step ahead." I say and they look to me shocked.

"Well you beat me too it." Ash chuckles.

"Ramos it's so good to see you again." Serena says.

"I was wondering when you folks would show up. I'm afraid you're going to have to wait. This here young lady came first and we have a gym battle to get too." Ramos says.

"Not a problem, do you mind if we watch?" Ash says looking from Ramos to me.

"I don't mind, how about you Ramos?" I ask looking down at him and he smiles sweetly.

"I don't mind as well." He says.

I stand on one side of the battle field and Ramos stands on the other. The referee calls out the rules of the battle and calls for the battle to begin. The gang sits behind me on a bench so they can watch the battle.

"Harbor I choose you!" I shout throwing a pokeball and out comes Harbor.

"Jumpluff assistance." Ramos says throwing a pokeball and out comes Jumpluff.

"A Frogadeir? But Clemont I thought water-types have no chance against grass-types." Serena says to Clemont.

"They don't, we will just have to watch and see how Kenzie plays this out." Clemont says and I smirk.