Ch 3. Gift Giving Is A Must

I wake up to something tickling my face. I groan swatting the thing that's bothering me, until it stops. I sigh out happily,but then groan once it starts again. I blink my eyes open to see both Eevee and Azura giggling. Azura was tickling me with her tail to wake me up and they both thought it was funny. I roll my eyes at the two and smile. I yawn and sit up slowly, stretching out my limbs. I turn my head to look out the window and it seems like a nice day today.

Today is the day I have to get my pokemon some gifts. I jump out of bed and hurry up to get ready. I get to the door and see Eevee and Azura are still on the bed.

"Last one to the cafeteria is a slowpoke!" I shout and open the door running out, with the other two following close behind. We all enjoy our race to the cafeteria, and Azura was the one to win the race. I let all of my pokemon out and they all cheer when I place their food bowls in front of them. Eevee eats on the table with me and we all just enjoy our meal quietly. 

"Pika pi pikachu!" Azura says while panicking and points toward the clock. I stare at the clock confused then spring out of my seat.

"I forgot to register for the showcase!" I screech and hurry to clean our mess. I run out the cafeteria and all my Pokemon follow after me in a hurry. It shouldn't be too late to register, but it would suck being late and not getting accepted. I turn the corner and sigh once I see the front desk. My pokemon don't get the chance to slow down so they all bump into me and we all fall into a pile with me at the bottom.

"Mackenzie?" I hear someone call my name and I look up too see Serena and the rest of the gang.

"Oh hey guys what's up?" I ask.

"Serena just finished registering for the pokemon showcase." Bonnie says excitedly.

"Well that's what I came to do, I was having breakfast when Azura reminded me I forgot to register." I chuckle and stand up while scratching the back of my neck.

"Wow so this is your whole team?" Ash asks looking at all my Pokemon who just stood up from the floor.

I nod proudly and stand to the side to introduce them. "This is Eevee, Azura, Blaze, Cotton, and Harbor." I say pointing to each and every one of them and they all greet everyone happily.

"May I pet your Cotton? Her fur looks so soft!" Bonnie asks cheerfully.

"Sure! Go right ahead." I say. Cotton tips her head to the side as she watches Bonnie walk over to her. She dips her head so that Bonnie can feel the fur on her head. Bonnie reaches out slowly and gently rubs on Cotton's head and Cotton lets out a sound of enjoyment.

"Wow it is soft!" Bonnie giggles as Cotton licks her cheek.

"Just like cotton candy." I wink playfully. I then make my way to Nurse Joy at the front desk and she instructs me to place my pokedex onto the screen below. I place it down and all my information comes up.

"I'm happy to inform you that, you're all set and registered. Good luck!" Nurse Joy says handing me back my pokedex and I squeal.

"Thanks Nurse Joy! I'll do my best and win this thing for sure!" I say determinedly.

"Well starting tomorrow we're going to be true rivals." Serena says while smirking.

I nod and put my fist out and she looks at it confused. "May the best performer win." I say and she nods and fist bumps me.

"This just got a whole lot more interesting." Clemont says.

"Well I don't plan on losing." I smirk.

"Neither do I." Serena says.

I nod at her and turn to my pokemon. I return everyone besides Eevee because I'm used to her not being in her pokeball by now. I squat down a little and she climbs onto my shoulder and I stand up straight.