Ch 4. Our First Performance

The festival last night was amazing, I got to meet a couple new people and I also got to know the gang a little bit more. Bonnie and I had fun playing games at the festival and winning some prizes for each other. There was another thing of fireworks and we all sat down to watch and that's how our night ended. Today though, is the day of my first official pokemon showcase.

I know today we're going to crush it. I know we have major competition but that's not going to stop us. I will win and I will be Kalos Queen some day. Eevee and I are walking towards the showcase and this girl runs past us and inside.

"I wonder why she's rushing?" I say to Eevee and she just shrugs. We head inside to see the girl who rushed past us is talking to Serena.

"Hey guys!" I wave as I walk to the group and they all turn their heads to me and wave.

"Mackenzie!" Bonnie squeals running over to me and hugging my waist. I laugh and bend down a little to hug her back and Eevee jumps off my shoulder greeting Ash's Pikachu and Dedenne.

"You ready for your performance?" Ash asks and I shrug scratching the back of my neck nervously.

"I was confident the whole way here until you asked me. Now I'm a bucket of nerves." I laugh. I then turn to look at the girl who rushed past me and wave.

"Hi, I'm Mackenzie but you can all me Kenzie if you like." I say and laugh.

"I'm Shauna, it's very nice to meet you." She says happily.

"Shauna is competing in the showcase too." Serena says and I nod on understanding.

"Well, I guess we're rivals." I say smirking and she smirks back.

"I don't plan on losing." Shauna says.

"Neither do I." I say.

"Now I'm really psyched." Ash says and we all laugh.

"This will be quite interesting." Clemont says.

"Eevee and I were planning to see the stage before it fills up. You guys want to come?" I ask.

"I would really like to see the stage." Clemont says.

"So would I! Let's go!" Bonnie cheers pulling on Clemont's wrist and she drags him ahead of us. We laugh and follow them.

We walk down a long hallway and open one of the big doors that lead to the seats and we look out at all the many seats with the stage in front. It's not lit up yet and yet it still looks big and scary. I grip onto the bars of the balcony and look out onto the stage away from the group.

"That's where we are performing, are you guys ready?" I ask looking at Eevee and she cheers excitedly making me laugh.

"Then let's win this thing." I say fist pumping.

***************

Shauna, Serena, and I all leave the others so that they can go to their seats while we get ready. We all walk to the dressing room to see it filled with other performers who are getting ready. I leave Shauna and Serena and head to a station to get ready. I let out Azura who needs to get ready along with Eevee. I dress them up first then myself, and wait with the other performers watching the host start the show from the huge screen tv in the dressing room. Shauna and Serena join me after a while and we all smile at each other and give each other compliments for our outfits.

Shauna and a few others are up first and she stands to leave but not before Serena and I wish her good luck. Serena holds onto Fenniken, but I can tell she's nervous from how tight she's holding Fenniken. I rest a hand gently onto her shoulder and smile.