Part 20

Dadi's room,
Oberoi Mansion.

Dadi was resting on her bed with her eyes closed. Someone bangs the door the due to which she wakes up.

Dadi: Kaun hain? Andar aao.
(Who is it? Come inside.)

The door opened and Dadi was shocked to see Shivaay, but, even more shocked see his condition. Hair disheveled hair, breath uneven, sweat beads on forehead and red eyes. Last she had seen him in this condition was when his brother and wife were fighting between life and death.

Dadi: Billu...
(Shivaay...)

Shivaay ran to her, hugged her tightly and broke down in tears. He was clutching her kurti and crying like a kid. Dadi, who was shocked to see him after so many months, realised that he was crying. She patted his back and stroked his hair until his sobs reduced to hiccups.

Dadi: Kya hua Billu? Ek toh tu itne dino baad aaya hain aur roye jaa raha hain. Baat toh kar.
(What happened Shivaay? You returned after so many days and are continuously crying. At least talk to me.)

Shivaay: *angrily* Mujhe nahi baat karni aapse. How can you be so careless? Aapko kuch ho jaata toh?
(I don't want to talk to you. How can you be so careless? What if something would've happened to you?)

Dadi: Arey, mujhe kya hua? Ek dum bhali-changi toh hoon.
(What will happen to me? I'm fit as a fiddle.)

Shivaay: Zyaada bholi mat baniye aap. OmRu ne mujhe bataya ki... ki... aa... aap... aapko h... heart at... heart attack aaya... tha.
(Don't act so innocent. OmRu told me that you...you got a h... heart at... heart attack.)

Dadi: Oye, tu un dono ki baaton mein mat aaya. Main bol rahi hoon na, main ek dum changi hoon.
(Oh, don't you believe those two. I'm telling you, I'm fit and fine.)

OmRu come in.

Dadi: *scolding OmRu* Khotton, kya kahaani sunaa di tum dono ne Billu ko?
(Fools, what story did you cook up and tell Shivaay?)

Shivaay: Ulta chor kotvaal ko daante! OmRu par kyoon chilla rahi hain. At least unhe mujhe bataya toh sahi, aap toh mujhe bhool hi gayi thi.
(Thief is scolding the policeman! Why are you scolding OmRu. At least they told, you had forgotten about me.)

Dadi: Arey, tu toh gaayab hi ho gaya tha, kahaan se kuch batati... *recalling what he said* Tu Hindi ki kahavatein kabse bolne laga?
(You just disappeared, how could I tell you... Since when did you start using Hindi proverbs?)

Shivaay: Bhaad mein jaaye kahavatein. Aap mujhe bataiye aapne dhyaan kyoon rakha? You know, mujhe aapke liye ek 24/7 personal health advisor appoint kar lena chahiye. Woh hi aapko samjha sakta hain.
(To hell with proverbs. You tell me, why didn't you take care of yourself? You know, I'll appoint a 24/7 personal health advisor for you. Only then you'll understand.)

Dadi: Arey, rehne de na.
(Let it be.)

Rudra: Yeh nahi maanne wale Dadi. Jab hum inse baat kar rahe they toh yeh itna panic ho gaye ki meri car lekar aise aaye jaise "Fast and the Furious" ka remake bana rahe ho.
(He isn't gonna budge Grandma. When we were telling him, he panicked so much that he took my car and drove as if he's remaking "Fast And The Furious".)

Om: By the way, Shivaay, "Fast and the Furious" ke chakkar mein tu apni plus 2 ko toh bhool hi gaya.
(By the way, Shivaay, you forget you plus 2 amidst "Fast and the Furious".)

Shivaay: Oh, shoot!

Rudra: But don't worry hum unhe safely le aaye. *to Dadi* Dadi hum aapke liye woh le ke aaye hain jisse dekhte hi aap gaayoge, "Dil garden-garden ho gaya..."
(But don't worry, we safely got her here. Grandma, we're gonna show you something that while make you sing "Because I'm happy clap along...")