I'M DYING TO BE YOUR EVERYTHING

PRESENT: APRIL 28

Awsten decided that today was the day. It was the day he was going to confess to Geoff, to tell him the things he's been hiding from him. Awsten had a bad feeling in his gut; he was threaded with anxiety at the thought of everything that could possibly go wrong. Awsten wasn't sure whether it would go well or not, for Geoff had been giving confusing signs. Maybe I was just reading him wrong, Awsten wondered. He shrugged the thought off and pushed it to the back of his mind. He decided he wouldn't worry about it until it was time.

Awsten had planned to tell Geoff later that day at their after-school event, showcasing the different things the students at their college had made - whether it be art, music, creative writing, any form of the arts was there. Awsten had submitted one of the many songs he had written. He had a difficult time choosing one, but he had a good feeling on his favourite, Blonde. He had only written the lyrics, as once he realized when the projects were due by, there wouldn't be enough time for him to demo it.

Awsten had stayed after their last class that day to help a few others set up. The two were underclassmen, only being in their sophomore year. Their mutual friend, Otto, was in his junior year, along with their other friends, Kellin and Justin. Otto's newfound friends, Ciara and Grace, were in the freshman year. And then there was Chloe, who was in her junior year as well. Awsten liked Chloe, he really did, she was funny sometimes, but he couldn't help but to think about the elephant in the room every time she was near: jealousy.

Awsten shrugged off the thought of Chloe, sternly telling himself that today was going to be a good day - the best day - and that he wouldn't let his silly thoughts get the best of him. Not today, Awsten told himself, not today.

Awsten took a deep breath before entering the auditorium - or at least that's what the school called it - where the event would be held. He looked around to see there were already people there setting things up. He saw Ciara and Grace talking with Otto, Kellin and Justin were helping a boy with flaming red hair - who Awsten believed was named Jawn - set up TVs, and he saw a multitude of different people setting up the art gallery and people assembling the Mac lab on the other side of the room. What he didn't see was Geoff. He wondered where he was.

Awsten took out his phone and looked at the time. Three o'clock, Awsten thought, he should be here soon.

Awsten took a deep breath, ignoring the bad feeling pooling in his stomach, and walked further into the room. He approached Otto, Ciara and Grace, greeting them.

"Hey," Awsten said. Ciara waved at him while Grace and Otto returned the greeting.

"Have you seen Geoff?" Otto asked. Awsten shook his head.

"I was just about to ask you," Awsten shrugged. "I haven't seen him all day, actually."

"He was with us earlier," Ciara said. "Grace and I got lunch with him around noon and we saw Chloe sitting by herself outside in the common room so we sat with her."

"Oh," Awsten mumbled. "He's still coming, right? It wouldn't be that fun without him."

"I'm sure he is," Otto said hopefully, patting Awsten on the back. "It's only three, his last class just ended ten minutes ago."

"Yeah, yeah, you're right," Awsten said slowly, nodding. "What needs to be done here?"

"Right, yeah. Kellin, Justin and Jawn have the TVs taken care of, since they're the tech-y ones. Ciara and Grace are supposed to be cleaning the screens of the Macs but they're clearly distracted by my beauty," Otto began, being cut off by Ciara and Grace scoffing, "I'm going to start sweeping the floor, so you could probably help me with that. Or if you want, you could help out Steve and his friends over there with the art gallery- actually, no, they're almost finished doing that- wow that was fast-"