YOU RIP ME TO SHREDS, SO TEAR INTO ME

MAY 23RD

It had now been a few weeks after Awsten and Geoff's movie hang-out. They had not hung out since and Geoff had declined Awsten's offer to see another movie the following Saturday, May 13th. Otto had told Awsten that Geoff likely had something else going on that day and that it wasn't that he didn't want to hang out with Geoff, he just couldn't. Awsten didn't believe Otto, even though he knew it was a rational reason.

Awsten was currently asleep, as he had no morning classes that day, though his snoring and occasional sleep talking (which mainly consisted of "orange juice," "Geoff," and "take me to H.E.B.,") was beginning to get on Otto's nerves. Although Otto didn't have any morning classes (or any classes at all) that day either, he was awake and out of bed by eight o'clock. He had even taken his time going to the dorm's common room to buy a few chocolate bars for breakfast, but by the time he got back Awsten was still sound asleep. He wondered what time the natural blue went to bed, especially since Awsten didn't get a good night's sleep often. Otto knew he shouldn't wake him up; he wouldn't wake him up. He needed the sleep, even if he was a noisy and annoying.

"Geoff!" Awsten shouted in his sleep. "Orange..."

Otto snickered, assuming that Awsten was having a dream about Geoff buying him H.E.B.'s orange juice. If Awsten was so angry in his dream, Geoff must've bought him the wrong orange juice. That would explain why Awsten had said "battery acid shit" a few hours prior.

Otto heard a knock on the door and he wondered who would be visiting their dorm. Neither he nor Awsten had made many friends that lived on campus or at least ones that would be awake before noon if they didn't have to. He opened up the door, seeing Geoff.

"Hey, Geoff," Otto greeted quietly. "Awsten's still asleep, but you can come in if you want."

"He is?" Geoff asked, walking in as Otto moved away and gestured him to enter. Otto closed the door and sat down on his bed, looking over at Awsten, who was currently laying on his stomach with the side of his face buried in the pillow. He was drooling.

"Yeah," Otto said, chuckling. "He's been sleep talking about you and H.E.B. orange juice the past two hours."

"That's cute," Geoff smiled, walking closer to Awsten. He sat down gently on the end of Awsten's bed and looked at him lovingly. "He's so pure."

"Pure?" Otto gawked. "Have you not met him? He's anything but pure. I mean, have you not heard what comes out of that boy's mouth?"

"Whatever," Geoff laughed. "He's being pure right now so leave him alone."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Otto said, putting his hands up in surrender. "I'm gonna go buy some more chocolate. You want anything?"

"No, I'm good," Geoff answered, looking at Awsten once more. "Thank you, though."

"A'ight," Otto said, grabbing his keys and opening the door. "I'll be back in a few. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"Damn, I really wanted to sing Wonderwall in Portland today," Geoff said sarcastically. Otto rolled his eyes and left the room, closing the door quietly.

"Geoff..." Awsten mumbled in his sleep. The side of the pillow was drenched in drool at this point and Geoff thought it was the cutest thing ever. He stood up from Awsten's bed, not wanting to disturb him, and sat back down on the desk chair.

Geoff had originally planned to ask Awsten if he wanted to go get breakfast with him, but he'd much rather Awsten get some sleep. There'd be times where Awsten would go weeks and weeks with little to no sleep each night; it worried Geoff and Otto beyond belief, leaving the two to be overly stressed while Awsten continued to insist that it wasn't an issue and that it was normal and he'd live. Geoff and Otto wanted to argue with Awsten's stance on the issue, but they knew it was no use, especially since Awsten would argue his point until he was blue in the face.