dinner guests

Geoff

knowing the guests have arrived i run into the bathroom and towards the cupboard, i rummage around for a plaster, i will not have people seeing me like this. i find one and walk over to the mirror, i place it over the graze on my forehead.

i walk towards the stairs, hearing nothing but conversation and my mom's laughter. someone seems happy. i walk down the stairs with my head down not wanting anyone to see the state of my face.

" Geoff , these are the Knight's, my mom states. i have to look up now, it would be rude not to. i look up to see a very large build man, brown dark grey hair and wearing a suit. he looks like a serious businessman to me. alongside him stood his wife, she was quite shorter, she had brown hair, they both smiled at me. " lovely to meet you, Geoff ," Mr Knight spoke.

" you too, sir," i mumbled. i could see Mrs knight concentrating on my face. i quickly looked to my right. stood there was the boy from the car-park this morning. he looked up at me, his face full of disbelief, but then he smiled for a second.

" hey there, mate," he laughed, he emphasised the word mate. i smiled awkwardly at everyone staring at us.

" oh, Awsten, you know Geoff?," Mrs knight questioned.

he looked at me and then to his dad, " oh, no, dad almost ran him over this morning"

his dad shot him a cruel glare, it made me shudder. i awkwardly turned around.

" oh, Geoff , this is our daughter Gracie ," Mr Knight spoke, i could almost feel the pride in his voice.

i turned my head to look at this girl, she had light blonde hair, she looked at me, squinting her eyes. it was her. the girl that asked me where room 118 was. Remington's girlfriend. i gulped softly to myself. i put on a fake smile.

" it's nice to meet you, Geoff ," she spoke, her voice gentle. she smiled back at me.

" you too," i whispered, as if fear suddenly hit me. i could feel my throat drying up, my head was again throbbing. i touched the plaster on my head.

" oh, Geoff , what happened to your face? that bruise under your eye is very nasty," Mrs knight fumbled, she looked horrified.

i shot a glance towards Gracie before looking back at Mrs knight . "oh, i fell off a swing at the park on my way home from school earlier, it's fine honestly. it looks worse than it feels." who am i kidding, it feels worse than it looks.

" dinner is ready," My sister grinned as she peered her head around the dining room door frame. that is the fist time in my life i am gladly accepting the interruption from My sister, and also thankful for it. i walked quickly to catch up with her.

" hey, ——//, do you know who that girl is?," i whispered.

" yeah, it's Remington's girlfriend," she stated, i awkwardly nodded and touched my face. My sister she looked at me, as if she suddenly knew the reason i had been a punching bag.

" go and sit down, please boys," our mother orders with a huge grin on her face.

" okay, mom," i laughed slightly as she practically pushed me towards a chair. i was sat next to Awsten who was busy on his phone. to my other side was my mom, My sister , Gracie , and Mr and Mrs knight were located opposite us, kacey sat directly opposite me.

" enjoy your food everyone," my mom smiled, which was now a sign that we could start eating.

" here, Geoff , take the salad," my mom mumbled as she handed me the bowl full with salad, i carefully scooped some salad onto my plate. i then handed the bowl over to Awsten .

" hey, awesome top! ," awsten beamed as he had noticed my Zelda shirt.

" thanks, Awsten , so you like my legend of Zelda top ?" , i questioned.

" yeah, is fucking cool. there one of my favourite games.

" really? , i grinned, my mouth full of salad.

" yeah, i love their games he chimed.did you know in a band Geoff?

" really what do you play Awsten? I sing and play the electric guitarist a band called Waterparks actually we call ourselves Waterparks , he answered.

" wow i play the bass guitar. maybe i could play for your band sometime"

" yeah that would we cool where actually out looking for a bass player, who knows you might make it into Waterparks . said Awsten .

" Uh, boys and their instruments. what's there to learn in playing a piece of wood? i'll tell you now, it doesn't get you anywhere in life," Mr knight scoffed.

Awsten's attention turned towards his dad and he slumped right down in his seat. He suddenly looked upset.

we finished the rest of our dinner in silence. Gracie gave me an occasional glance with a weak smile here and there. my mom and mrs Knight were chatting about mom things.

time went by, and it was time for the knight family to leave.

" thank you for the dinner, i take it we will be seeing more of you often, we live 2 streets away, so boys if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to visit," mrs Knight smiled at us.

" thank you," i spoke as i accepted her invite for anytime.

" bye, Awsten ," i smiled as he walked past me, he patted my back.

" see you at school," he replied as he followed behind his mom.

" goodbye my

-/-/- and Geoff ," mr Knight spoke he held his hand out, he gave a firm handshake before leaving.

" goodbye Mrs Wigington , -/-/, Geoff ", Gracie trailed as she walked past me. she smiled at me before leaving, my mom shutting the door behind them.

"Well, what did you think of them?", my mom asked, clearly eager for answers.

" they were alright i guess, nothing special," My sister shrugged as she fiddled with her jewellery on her arm which gets rather annoying after a while.

my mom turned to me, waiting for an answer, " yeah, they were alright, Awsten seems tidy, i guess," i mumbled as i headed up the stairs feeling my head yet again.

" goodnight mom," i muffle as i head up the stairs.

" goodnight honey, please have a good rest, you need it"

i sigh as i walk into my room, i quickly take my clothes off and change into something far more comfortable. it's time for bed. i don't care if it's only 9pm. my head is sore.