5 - nice to meet you

geoff

" so, what are we doing?," awsten questions.

" well, if you grab a guitar, we can have a little jam session as Otto likes to call it," i laugh slightly as i sit down with the acoustic guitar.

" oh, cool. i thought we were up here to do homework or something, i'll go and get a guitar now," Awsten speaks as he heads into the back room, coming back with an acoustic firm in his grip. he looks like a happy child.

" fair play, this is a good quality guitar," Awsten states as he taps the base gently. he pulls a chair up next to me and starts to strum away.

Otto turns to me and shrugs, he then starts to play the drums gently, to fit with the beat of what Awsten is playing.

" come on, Geoff," awsten smiles as he continues to strum.

" okay!," i laugh as i pick up the guitar from beside me and start to strum away.

First of all, we were just messing playing chord progression with the hope of Otto being able to keep up, which he did very well!

then it flowed into a song

' i was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations,' i continued, myself and Awsten then turned to Otto who was drumming away, he looked up.

" what, guys?," he asked as he continued drumming.

" sing!," we laughed.

" now boys, i don't do singing"

" just sing," Awsten heckled as we continued to strum in unison.

Otto rolled his eyes, but then he sang!

' oh, all my friends are turning green

you're the magician's assistant in their dream'

" yes!," Awsten laughed as we then continued.

' oh, oh, and they come unstrucklady, running down to the riptide

taken away to the dark side,'

at the beginning of the chorus, the classroom door opened so we all stopped. staring at the boy who entered.

" you don't have to stop because of me," he defended as he pointed at himself and entered the room, taking a seat in the corner of the room.

" that was a pretty sick performance by the way!," he added as he placed his bag onto the floor.

i know him, but i cannot place a name.

" you're in our grade, right?," Otto spoke looking at the boy as he rolled the drumsticks in his hands.

" yeah, i'm jawn Rocha ," he spoke.

oh yes. Jawn. i never really see much of him.

" how come you're never in school?," Otto questioned.

i swear Otto is a mind reader.

" i just don't come in some days," he shrugged.

" surely, that's not a good thing?," awsten added.

" i guess not," he mumbled as he walked into the back room.

" see you boys later nice to meet you," he announced as he closed the door behind him.

" that was weird," Otto whispered as he looked at me.

" i know, we should probably go?," i suggested as i put the guitar back down.

" but we got these from the back room?", Awsten spoke as he clutched the guitar tightly.

" i'll take them back," i reply as i grab the guitar from him, picking mine up, i walk towards the room, i put one down to knock gently before entering.

Jawn was snapping away on his photography camera 📸 he had earphones in and was singing to his hearts content, he clearly didn't hear me and i didn't want to interrupt, so i gently place the guitars back onto their stands before exiting the room.

" he's proper going for it in there!," i speak as i shut the door gently.

" is he," Otto asks as he slots the drumsticks back into the holder.

" yeah, he's good too!," i answer as i grab my bag.

" maybe we can ask him to join in with us tomorrow as our photographer we need some good shots to get recognised as a band ?," Otto suggested as he grabbed his bag.

"A band what now?" Geoff said."

"Oh my splendid we need this for publicity." Awsten says.

"Alright then a band we are what shall we call ourselves." Geoff says.

"How about "Waterparks" good idea is it? " Awsten says.

All the boys agreed.

" that's cool, you know what, it was nice to be able to play the guitar again!," Awsten smiled as he opened the door, holding it for me and Otto to go though.

" thank you!," Otto grinned as he ruffled Awsten's hair, trying to be funny.

" thanks, Awsten . what do you mean, again?," i ask as i turn to face him.

" my dad, he confiscated my guitar because apparently i'm not focusing on school work," he sighed.

" can't you just get it, if it's confiscated?," Otto asked as he adjusted his bandanna.

" no, it's at his office, i'm hardly going to his work, that'd be a nightmare!," he laughed as he awkwardly rubbed his arm.

" hey, can i have quite a few acoustics you can have one if you like?," i offer.

his face lights up.

" are you sure?," he asks.

" i'm sure!"

" i couldn't possibly take a guitar from you!," Awsten argues.

" think of it as a temporary replacement until you have yours back, plus i'm focusing more on bass now!," i announce.

" really Geoff ? that's so kind of you! thanks a lot!," he chirped as he pats my arm.

" want to get it after school?," i quiz as we walk down the stairs.

" yeah, okay," he grins.

" Otto , you're invited over too! we'll watch a movie or get a pizza," i decide as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

" or we can do both," nate divulges, i laugh slightly.

the bell rings. lovely.

" right, it's last period, what do you guys have now?" i ask.

" maths," Otto groans.

English," Awsten speaks.

"me too, Awsten !," i laugh.

" right Otto , we'll meet you on the bus," i announce.

" you got it!," he yelps as he continues up the long corridor.