1.

A light blonde haired boy carries himself down Godricks Hallow. His new robes pressed for his fifth year of school. He kept a permanent frown on his face as he looked across the new first years scurrying around in a rush. He wished his parents or his friends were with him so he could make a joke about the rats the other kids seemed to be.

    Going into the Flourish & Blott's he was pleased to not have too much of a struggle in finding his textbooks for the year. Until he pulled one book out and could see through to the other side, where he saw another girl from his grade.

    (Y/N) (L/N).

    A Gryffindor, and therefore a royal pain in the arse.

    For a Gryffindor, she never really spoke. In fact, the only person who'd ever sit next to her would be Hermione Granger who preferred the quiet she would give. The rumor is that the only person she's ever spoken to at Hogwarts is Granger, but only because they were roommates.  Every year she'd be in all of his classes but never said a word. He decided he'd have some fun with her.

    "Hey." He said over the bookshelf, and when she wouldn't respond he'd repeat himself, "Hey. Hey, mute?"

    (Y/N) looked over her shoulder, and saw Draco Malfoy staring at her. She stared back with an unbothered look as if that would be her answer to him. He was surprised she had turned around. She looked much different from last year despite her robes not changing. Maybe she grew taller? Her ankles were now showing from her robes were a little too small. Maybe gained weight? Lost it? Did she get braces off? A haircut?

   "Doing your book searching, eh? Haven't you read them all already?" Draco licked his bottom lip with a cocky chuckle.

   (Y/N) sighed, having heard that one before. Finding him lame, she began to walk away.

   "Hey, what's wrong mute? Have I rendered you speechless?" Malfoy followed the girl around the shelf to walk by her side. "C'mon. Where's your sense of bravery, Gryffindor?"

   She adjusted her scarf and held her books closer to her chest.

   "Where are your parents? Embarrassed by you are they? I don't think I've ever seen them with you, my fathers never mentioned them. Does that mean you're a mudblood?" Draco's mouth curled up in disgust, " Or maybe, I don't know.. I've never seen you perform magic come to think. Maybe you're just a squib like Mr. Filch?"

   (Y/N) ground her teeth. Throwing her books on the counter to be bought.

   "Oh-ho-ho. Looked like she didn't like that one." Draco spoke to no one, "Maybe I should spread that rumor around?"

"82 galleons." The clerk said. Taken aback by the price, she hesitantly grabbed her money out and placed it on the table.

  "This is only 67, sorry girl. Unless you have more I'm gonna have to ask you to pick off a few of these books." The clerk said with an unenthused face.

   In response, the young girl chose a few to put them off to the side. Draco stood behind her and watched.

  "If you speak to me I won't-" Draco said in her ear.

  "Don't." She said quietly, grabbing the books she could afford and walked out of the store as fast as she could.

He watched her leave. He would keep his word, she spoke to him.

   (Y/N) scooted her own one suitcase and a backpack onto platform 9 3/4 as slow as possible. She was grateful to be back at Hogwarts, but she also dreaded since this year it seemed Malfoy took an interest in her as a new plaything. She couldn't handle immature boys such as Malfoy, ones that had so much disgust for everyone else who didn't bow to him.

   She saw all the little kids running around with giant carts full of things they'll never use. She remembered her first year. Coming here with her Mom, being so excited to see what house she'd be put into. Expecting to be in the same as both her parents and grandparents. Surely that's also what they expected, and upon hearing differently they were less than pleased.

   Sitting herself down in an empty compartment on the train she began to doodle, daydreaming as she did. She started to draw her dad, not the best drawing ever made but it was what she remembered before he was gone. Mom said he wasn't the best influence, that she should never be like her father. Because to stick your neck out, is to get your neck cut. So stay quiet, to yourself, do what you need to to stay out of troub-

   A girl knocked on the door of her compartment, interrupting her train of thought.

   "Excuse me, (Y/N) (L/N)?" It was a first year who had no distinguishing house yet and a shaky lip. (Y/N) nodded. "Someone told me to deliver these to you."

  The girl dropped a stack of textbooks next to her, the ones from the bookstore she couldn't afford. When she looked up the girl was gone to avoid further questions. She opened the front cover and saw inside them was written in scratchy handwriting:

   stuff your nose in this instead of up your arse.