11.

"What do you need, Malfoy? Weren't you the one who said we can't speak to each other?" (Y/N) asked, giving way to her slight annoyance to seep through her voice.

"We can't." Draco agreed.

"Great." (Y/N) shrugged and started walking, but only made it a few steps before Draco stopped her by grabbing her elbow. The contact made her skin crawl in a way she'd never felt before. It felt like magic and soft and warmed her heart. She hated it.

"I just want to remind you to be careful." Draco said, putting his hands in his pockets as he looked down at her eyes.

"You keep saying that, I don't understand what that means. I don't have the time to try and understand your cryptic statements." She rolled her eyes, "I earned my house points, helped a professor, kept the Twins in line for a day. I'm being a good—"

"You're bringing attention to yourself. I didn't know who you were for years. Nobody did." Draco said, allowing his voice to lower, "You have no idea how lucky you are."

"That secrecy was me hiding in my shame. I'm just trying to move on from that. Live my own life." The girl said, matching Draco's volume to keep her whispers from traveling down the hall.

"Are you serious? Grow up in a pure blood family your whole life and you're still this naive?" Draco whispered harshly. She felt genuinely shocked back into her reality, and he could see it in the way her face scrunched up. "Believe it or not I'm trying to help you. Doesn't matter what you believe anymore, or if you've decided to go run around with your boyfriend or mudbloods because you think you're safe at Hogwarts. Hogwarts has never been safe."

"Safe from what? Exactly." (Y/N) asked blatantly. Draco searched your eyes for some kind of light to cling onto. He swallowed the lump in his throat so hard it made the feeling burn.

"I can't tell you that. It can't come from me." Draco looked away. Finding it incredibly hard to look at her face. She felt her heart soften in that moment, catching the way he was angry at himself for not being able to express everything. She had felt that before.

"Fine." She nodded, crossing her arms, "Continue thinking I'm naive if you want to, because maybe I am. But I understand there are dark secrets hidden in these walls and beyond and in our families. But you don't have to be exactly like your Father. You can talk to me about that kind of stuff."

"Draco? You coming?" Pansy's shrill voice rang down the hallway. Glaring at how close their faces were to each other.

"Coming." Draco took the opportunity to sneak away. But (Y/N) hated it. He left her with so many more thoughts. It broke her down.

Of course, how could she even think for a second to be this stupid. With The Dark Lord back, and death eaters on high alert. She's pretty much put her parents on the chopping block, and rumored to be dating a muggle-born no less. Its almost like she planned it.

But she wasn't dating Dean. Sure they had been hanging out, but dating was such a strong word. They hadn't even held hands or even thought about something like that. Well she had.

Knowing she was going to be late to this meeting she went in, took her usual seat next to Ron. Quietly trying to focus and make comments defending her house when she could.

Soon enough, the group was dismissed. Pansy practically dragged Draco out the room and down the hall. Toying her fingers over his chest and on his forearm, throwing her head on his shoulder. Making a very clear statement about the position she claimed.

"What'd that wanker want?" Ron asked, watching (Y/N) strange angry feeling rise up in her chest.

"Nothing. He had a question about Divination." She said, rolling her eyes.