10.

Professor Trelawney was indeed standing in the middle of the front entrance courtyard with her wand in one hand and one of her many suitcases in the other. (Y/N) could hardly believe it but, Draco had actually told the truth.

Trelawney's hair was sticking up on end, her glasses were lopsided so that one eye was magnified more than the other; her abundance of shawls and scarves and fabrics were haphazardly slipping from her shoulders, giving the impression that she was falling apart at the seams. A few of her suitcases were scattered or upside down to further the idea that her suitcases has been physically thrown out. Professor Trelawney was staring, apparently terrified, at something (Y/N) could not see over the mass amount of students who had piled out of the dining hall but seemed to be standing in the grand entrance.

(Y/N) knew it didn't help that Draco happened to be standing next to her, and was blocking the view with his head.

"Would you move, please? I can't see." The girl whispered hastily to her neighbor, trying to crook her neck around a head of bright blond hair. But Draco seemed to find amusement in blocking her view further.

"Malfoy, not today. This is one of my favorite professors. I need to know." (Y/N) said, causing Malfoy's smile to falter.

    "No.." Trelawney shrieked. 'No! This cannot be happening... it cannot... I refuse to accept it!"

    "You didn't predict this was coming?" said a high girlish voice, sounding callously amused, and with the help of Draco's backed up head, (Y/N) clearly saw that Trelawney's terrifying vision was nothing other than Professor Umbridge. "Incapable though you are of predicting even tomorrows weather, you must surely have realised that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable that you would be sacked?"

    "You c - can't!" howled Professor Trelawney, tears streaming down her face from behind her enormous lenses, "You c - can't sack me! I've b - been here sixteen years! H - Hogwarts is m - my h - home!"

    "It was your home," corrected Professor Umbridge, and (Y/N) was revolted to see the enjoyment stretching her toadlike face as she watched Professor Trelawney sink, sobbing uncontrollably without anyone to console her. (Y/N) barely noticed herself launch forward to go to the woman in need, but was held back by a pale hand around her elbow to remind her her place while Umbridge continued: "until an hour ago, when the Minister for Magic: countersigned your Order of Dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this Hall. You are embarrassing us."

    Surely, all these students shouldn't be watching scene like this, but Umbridge stood and watched, with an expression of gloating enjoyment, as Professor Trelawney shuddered. Looking around it was clearer than ever to see that multiple students had resulted to crying over the sad sight.

"I have to go help her." (Y/N) muttered, feeling her heart ache more than it ever had in her chest. Professor Trelawney's class brought so much hope into the girls life the first few years of Hogwarts, watching her go through this was too much.

"Go up there? Are you mad?" Draco asked, his lowered voice coming out as a hiss in her ear as he continued to linger his hand on her elbow.

"Maybe I am. Or maybe you're mad for finding enjoyment in a woman who has done nothing but help you's heart break." (Y/N) broke away from the spectators and marched straight up to Professor Trelawney. The woman without question collapsed into (Y/N)'s shoulder. The young girl pulled out a  handkerchief out of her inside robe pocket and handed it to the sobbing woman.

    "You're going to be okay.." She comforted, after holding her she had a really strong feeling that something would be okay, "it's not as bad as you think, now. You are not going to have to leave Hogwarts forever."

    "Oh really, Miss (Y/L/N)?" Questioned Umbridge in a deadly voice, taking a few steps forward. "And your authority for that statement is..?"

     "That would be mine." A deep voice called before (Y/N) could answer.

    The protective, thick front doors had swung open. Dumbledore appeared in the entrance and students on either side of the entrance has cleared a path.

    "Yours, Professor Dumbledore?" said Umbridge, with a singularly unpleasant little laugh. "I'm afraid you do not understand the position. I have here an Order of Dismissal signed by myself and the Minister for Magic. Under the terms of Educational Decree Number Twenty-three, the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts has the power to inspect, place upon probation and sack any teacher she - that is to say, I - feel is not performing to the standards required by the Ministry of Magic. I have decided that Professor Trelawney is not up to scratch. I have dismissed her."

    Dumbledore continued to smile like a nanny with full control over their toddler. He looked down at Professor Trelawney, who was still sobbing and choking on (Y/N)'s side, and said, "You are quite right, of course, Professor Umbridge. As High Inquisitor you have every right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to send them away from the castle. I am afraid, that the power to do that still resides with the Headmaster, and it is my wish that Professor Trelawney continue to live at Hogwarts."

    At this, Professor Trelawney gave a wild little laugh in which a hiccough was barely hidden.

    "No - no, I'll g - go, Dumbledore! I sh - shall - leave Hogwarts and s - seek my fortune elsewhere–!" Trelawney announced with half commitment.

    "No," said Dumbledore sharply. "It is my wish that you remain, Sybill"

    Dumbledore turned to the girl who he recognized as the ever so quiet (Y/N) (Y/L/N), "Ms. (Y/LN), might I ask you to escort Sybill back upstairs?"

    "Of course," said (Y/N) as quiet and polite as possible. 'Up we go, Professor Trelawney..."

    The distraught woman mustered her way to her feet. Eventually smiling when she saw Professor Sprout came hurrying out of the crowds to grab Trelawney's other arm. Together, they guided her past Umbridge and up the marble stairs. Professor Flitwick went scurrying after them, his wand held out before him; he squeaked 'Locomotor trunks!' and Professor Trelawney's luggage rose into the air and proceeded up the staircase after her, Professor Flitwick bringing up the rear.

"We can take it from here Ms. (Y/L/N)." Flitwick insisted, "You were very brave. I'm sure McGonagall will be pleased to hear it."

  She was indeed. In fact it was Dumbledore who announced in front of the whole Great Hall that night that because of your actions, Gryffindor would receive an extra 50 points. Which made Umbridge humph in our annoyance and frustration.

After dinner was a prefect meeting you needed to attend. You walked with Ron up the steps, smiling because of what had happened earlier that evening.

"That was really cool what you did for Professor Trelawney. She's a right bogus woman, but she didn't deserve the way Umbridge treated her." Ron said, making conversation.

"Thanks, yeah. She may be wild, but she's been a great professor. Great entertainment. I couldn't just let it happen." You smiled, "Felt bloody good to have Umbridge be told off for once though by Dumbledore."

   "She deserves much worse if you ask me." Ron rolled his eyes, "Tell me something, (Y/N), what's the deal with you and Dean?"

"Excuse me?" Your breath caught i. Your throat as if someone had just walked in on you using the loo.

"(Y/L/N)." Suddenly the voice of the Slytherin Prefect resounds from down the corridor and moving closer, "Could I get a word?"

"Oy, Malfoy, piss off!" Ron says for you.

"I wasn't talking to you, Weasley." Draco spit out the last name as if it were something so vile he couldn't bare to actually hold it in his mouth.

"What do you even want with her—?" Ron started in on him but you grabbed his arm in hopes of keeping it from escalating.

"I appreciate the chivalry, but I can handle Malfoy." You insisted, "Save me a seat in our meeting. I'll be there in a second."

"Fine." Ron said, making eye contact with Malfoy the whole time you spoke, "He gives you any trouble, you tell us."

Ron left with a curt nod, staring at the strangely quiet Draco who only seemed to have eyes fixated on you in the quiet and dimly lit corridor.