Rainy Days and Birthdays Part 2

"You trespassed! Hindi kita bisita, hindi ko inaasahan na darating ka at sumulpot ka sa bahay ko ng walang pasabi and took me out of there forcibly! There, abduction, too! Kidnapping!" Marla knows she sounds stupid, but she just had to let off some steam. She's been spewing out all the charges she could file against him since she got in the car. All of which he answered, and presented counter-charges with, coolly.

He didn't even look at her, he just kept driving. But there was that mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Harrassment ito, Congressman. Tingnan natin kung makakangiti ka pa ng ganyan kapag nalaman ito ng media. Goodbye sa career mo."

He turned to her. "Grave threat, that could result to moral damages. Check."

"This is a violation of a crime against women. At mas malupit ang parusa ayon sa Revised Penal Code."

"Again, only and if only such violation will be proved before the court." He looked so smug she wanted to strangle him.

And it seems like she wouldn't win in this word war anyway, so she decided to just keep her mouth shut. She looked down at her tattered shirt. And her boxing shorts. And glanced at his impeccable attire. Ugh.

"Kung talagang ayaw mo, puwede ka namang bumaba." He said, he pointed to the bumper to bumper traffic ahead of them.

She just made a face at him then tried to open the door but to no avail.

It was powerlocked.

Annoyed, she turned to the man beside her who was grinning and humming "Should I Stay or Should I Go".

Lord, good girl naman ako kahit mama-san ako di ba? Okay nagmumura din ako minsan, nagtataray sa mga epal na pulis at MMDA. Minsan din, medyo mahalay na yung thoughts ko about Rafa Pero minsan lang naman yun, Lord di ba? At nagsorry na ko... LORD NAMAN! Birthday na birthday ko eh!

She stole a sideways glace at the man beside her. He doesn't look like he is up to anything that could cause him his career but she can't be sure.

He wouldn't tell her where they're going. All he knows is that they're headed towards a major thoroughfare that passes some of the country's top universities. She dared not ask him again. It si beginning to get dark. It must be past 6 pm now. Traffic is slow-moving but the gorgeous driver doesn't seem to mind. Then they turned a corner, she's not sure where exactly they are but she knows they're entering a sports complex. They parked on the lot facing the vast soccer field. It was empty. It was subtly lit but no other person was there save for a couple of maintenance guys. A roaming guard on a bike just whizzed by.

He quietly got out of the car, closed the door and went to her side. She planned to keep a steady grip on her seat but as soon as she caught a whiff of his lovely scent when he leaned over to unfasten her seatbelt, her senses went in haywire, her brain became frozen. Her tongue was paralyzed, and all that she was aware of was how near he was...

He easily scooped her up again, and the sound of the door as it was shut somewhat brought her back to earth.

"Puwede mo na akong ibaba okay? Hindi ako tatakas. Para namang kaya kong magpakalat-kalat sa daan na ganito ang itsura ko." She tugged at his collar.

He didn't say a word, didn't even looked at her. His eyes were on something. She followed his gaze and realized that they were headed towards the soccer field. She let out a yelp when he made one huge step on a metal railing to get to the grass court. He laughed.

"Shit ka! Nalula ako don! Ano ba'ng gagawin natin dito?" still no word from him.

When they were halfway to the center, he gently put her down, and helped her stand. Then he raised his right hand, as if about to take oath before the court. Only his fist was clenched. He began counting as he unfurled each finger. "One..." he whispered, looking at her. "Two..."