Just to see you smile...

Forced to wake up early on a Saturday morning, Marla thought about how much she hated surprises and spur of the moment dates.  She was practically dragging herself out of bed, eyes half-open, seventy percent of her brain still in la-la-land. Mukhang adik lang ako na bitin sa shabu...anak ng patis na buhay 'to! She bent down and looked for her slippers, fished it from under her rainbow colored rug. She sneezed as she got up, pulling herself away from her messy bed.

Nakakainis! Inaantok pa ko eh!

But then again, her boyfriend is gorgeous, sexy, smart and funny Congressman Rafa Elizaga who thrives on surprises. The man never seems to run out of date gimmicks, it's like thinking up those plans took up most of his time. She wondered how on earth he manages, given that he's heading three committees and is presently working on a zillion bills, apart from taking care of his district.

The fact that he can show up at her doorstep whether at 6 in the morning or just before midnight looking fresh and ready for anything, with that mischievous half smile was beyond her. She's not even complaining, she is actually beginning to get the hang of it. But having someone like him in her life is something that she still has to really get used to. Afterall, those surprise dates were fun most times. Still, since everything's still new to her, she still cannot help but be her usual balahura, borderline bitchy, moderately clumsy, blooper-y, kengkoy and embarrassingly "sablay" self sometimes.

She 's used to putting on a tough, almost no nonsense exterior for her girls' clients and add to that, the five years she endured in legal training hell a.k.a. law school. So who has time for romance and learning how to behave like a sweet, proper girlfriend? Sana kasing-Dali lang ito ng pagbirit ng 100 sa videoke, o pagkain ng sampung stick ng isaw.

As she stood up, she reached for her phone and began reading her messages, which all, surprise1 came from Elizaga, Rafael Luis, F.

She winced at the phonebook entry she had fro him. Try ko kayang lagyan din ng Congressman, no? she made a mental note to edit his name to something less formal

Rafa Elizaga

Honorable BF

Honorable Honeypie (bwahahaha!)

Cong. Rafa

Rafa Baby

Rafa Dude

She scratched her head. Tama na ngang kabaliwan 'to! She leaned on the dresser read his messages.

5:25 am: Off to jog around the village. What tiem did you sleep last night? Hope there wasn't any trouble with the girls. You're probably still dreaming of me now...uuuyy 😉

5:28 am: uyyyy! Hala, bakit ganyan kang matulog, nakanganga? Hehehe 😉

6:20 am: back. And so ready to attack my breakfast. Lots of friend rice. Fried boneless bangus na daing. Sunny side ups. Melon slices na lalagyan ko ng condensada. Sarrap!

6:23 am: kulang. Wala ka dito.😦

6:26 am: o bakit nakataas yang kilay mo? May muta ka pa. maghilamos ka nga. Yuck. ;-p

6:57 am: I love unhurried breakfasts, like this one. Eating, chewing slowly. Savoring all the tastes, really enjoying the food. Haven't had one of these during the past weeks. Was always on the go...L bayan muna bago ang tiyan.

7:01 am: Your love is better than my morning coffee.

7:10 am: Hitting the shower. Sama ka? 😉

7:12 am: Hehehe 😉 di nga? Sama ka?

7:55 am: Showered, ready and walking to the car. You have no right to complain later that I smell lie the AC from the office. Mabango ako, amuyin mo pa. libre ang hug at singhot ;-) leaving now. See you soon 😉