Chapter 1

A/N: 

Hello, everyone! I started editing this (finally) during December, I wanted to finish all of them in order to update them all at once, but my monkey brain says to update them chapter by chapter, so here we are. It takes quite a long time to edit since my younger-self was lazy and had no patience with writing anything other than dialogue. Lucky for you, I've grown accustomed to disassociating from reality altogether! 

Enjoy! xx

Edited as of January 11, 2021

~

The news of a flying car soaring and then eventually crashing into school territory spread dangerously quick like an overturned bottle of Greek fire, scorching the names of Ron Weasley, and Harry and Emily Potter. Fortunately for the three, they had been spat out of the sentient vehicle before it fled into the depths of The Forbidden Forest. Rumor has it that it was last seen driving in and out of the woods, scaring numerous magical inhabitants of the forest.

Once the night had passed, the feverish excitement about the flying car collision into the Whomping Willow slowly lulled, and with that, Emily enjoyed her breakfast at the Gryffindor table without anyone whispering behind her back. "Checkmate." Ron proclaimed, moving his final piece with a smug grin on his face. That was now his fourth win at the game of Wizards' Chess against Harry. Anyone who knew the dynamic duo understood that Harry wasn't particularly gifted in strategy thus explaining his tendency to lose before realizing it. Though now, it looked like he was purposefully playing horrendously.

Emily noticed this and decided to keep quiet of her observations, feeling as though her brother was doing it in an attempt to make his best friend feel better. In her own way, she was doing the same thing by sticking to Harry's side whenever she was able. Racked with guilt and the need to alleviate whatever consequences Ron would face from his mum, Emily wanted to be there to take the blame. She was, after all, the one who drove the car.

"Mail's here." She chimed, finishing the last bunch of grapes on her plate.

Hedwig and Hayley flew side by side, dropping copies of the Daily Prophet on the twin's laps. Before they could unwrap the newspaper from its packaging, Emily nudged Harry to look up and watch the owl headed towards them. Errol, the Weasleys' family owl, hit a bowl of crisps as he flew to the Gryffindor table with a scarlet letter in its beak.

"That's not good." Emily muttered in unison with her brother. Seamus turned to see what had caused the ruckus and gaped at the sight of the scarlet envelope that Errol dropped in front of Ron. "Look, everyone! Weasley's got himself a Howler." He bellowed, his accent making his words far more comedic than intended. Neville, who sat next to Seamus, visibly gulped. "Go on, Ron. I ignored one from my Gran once – I think it gets worse when you try to ignore it." He said, nervously twiddling his thumbs.

Let's get this over with then, Ron told himself, nodding along with Neville's statement. With a shaking hand, he removed the wax seal, prompting the letter to spring to life in the air before his face.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" Emily looked all around them and felt the pitiful if not judgmental stares from other students. She quickly put on a stern look over her face and focused only on Ron and the howling letter. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER IS FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT! IF YOU PUT A TOE OUT OF LINE, I'LL SEND YOU STRAIGHT HOME!" The letter screamed with wrath in Mrs. Weasley's voice, the letter diverted itself and turned to the youngest Weasley who sat two seats away from Ronald, "Oh, and Ginny dear. Congratulations on being sorted in Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud!" The letter sweetly bellowed, the tone being polar opposites with the message meant for Ron.