Chapter 6

Edited as of February 11, 2021

I'm tired lol 

~

"I told Justin to hide in the dorms." The smallest Hufflepuff said from the edge of the table. Hannah Abbot patted his back to show her appreciation, "That's good thinking, Tim. It's best that he's safe, especially if the Potter twins got him marked down."

The brown-haired girl who sat beside Tim began to nervously braid the ends of her hair. "I still can't believe they would do something like that, though. I know Emily's gotten a bit of a reputation around here, but she was so nice when I asked for help in Transfiguration. She was so sweet, and she's one of those Junior Prefects! Now that I've thought about it, Harry's not so bad either. Maybe everything isn't what it seems – "

"Emily Potter is a menace, Polly." Tim rudely interrupted. "It's common knowledge, she pulls pranks on everyone, even to her own house."

"So do the Weasley twins, you don't see the entire student body condemning them." Polly snidely remarked, flipping her hair over her shoulder, briefly smacking the boy's face with her thick braid. Tim scoffed and rolled his eyes at her, "Look at the facts: she speaks to snakes, breaks every rule under the sun and manages to not get in trouble all that much – Emily's a Slytherin, she's so much of a Slytherin that the sorting hat just changed it's mind. Not to mention she defeated You-Know-Who, and only dark wizards can banish other dark wizards, mind you."

Hannah was conflicted between her friends, and she was conflicted on her outlook of the Potters. "Harry... He's not bad. Yeah, he and Emily are all too similar, but he's not bad. He has his own list of troubles – remember last year when news spread that he got hold of the Sorcerer's Stone? And that scar on his forehead! Some say it's a mark that dark magic leaves, which brings me to the question, why doesn't Emily have one?"

"She does!" Polly answered, tapping the back of her neck where her shoulder and neck met, "I remember it being around this area. I passed by her when she was heading to the pitch for training, her hair has to be up for the scar to be visible."

A creak from the nearby bookshelf silenced their discussion. "Well, you lot certainly done your research," Emily said with a hint of mocking appraisal, walking out of the shadows with Harry by her side. "Do you want me to take a picture of my scar for your reference? Perhaps commission an oil portrait of it?"

All red in the face, the Hufflepuffs quickly rose from their seats and scurried out of the library. Harry made the mistake of running after them and asking to speak to Justin, from there, he was met with judgmental stares while they ran away even faster. He returned to their table and saw his sister sitting on the desk, "Why do you look like you're having fun, people think we tried to kill Justin!" He hissed, hopping on the desk to sit next to her.

"I'm not going to lie, watching you run after the people who were dead on terrified of you was the most amusing thing that I've seen all week. And yes, I'm sorry that they didn't want to hear you out. I know how much it means for you to explain our end of the story."

Harry's eyes brightened; his mouth parted in anticipation for his thoughts to come spewing out. "We could speak to him ourselves. Maybe you could sneak us into their common room – "

"Fat chance!" Emily laughed, "I only know how to sneak into Ravenclaw's and Gryffindor's, and besides, I don't know where Hufflepuff is exactly. And even if we did, they don't use passwords." Harry frowned at the notion of having such a peculiar porthole. "What do they use, then?"

Attempts were made in vain whenever Emily would shadow a group of Hufflepuffs before so that she could figure out what was needed for entrance, but every single time she turned the last corner that the students took, Emily was always too slow to catch up on them. She would hear meek knocks on hard wood, and then poof, they would all disappear before someone could watch them go in their house.