Chapter 2

A/N: 

Not me taking nine whole years to fully edit this. (I think I published this in 2012)

Edited as of January 11, 2021

~

"Harry! Wake up," Oliver Wood shook his teammate awake, practically tossing him over to the edge of the bed, "Get up and get dressed, Potter!"

Though Harry was fairly good with a Beater's Bat, he was never attracted to the role of a Beater until the moment came when his captain was waking him up at the crack of dawn. Perhaps in that instance, Harry wished he had a bat within arm's reach. "Why?" He asked, his face burrowing deeper into his pillow.

It was a grave mistake to turn his back against Oliver because in the split second his captain saw Harry pulling the blanket over his head, Oliver unstrapped one of his dragonhide knee pads and pelted it against the Seeker's backside. "Quidditch practice, go on and get your gear ready, Potter! And give me back my knee pad while you're at it."

Harry unwillingly pulled himself out from the comforts of his bed, picking up the kneepad from the edge of his bed and tossing it to his captain. "The sun's barely risen, Wood. Are you sure about – "

"It's the perfect time of day for practice!" Oliver enunciated word for word, his voice growing louder by each syllable. "Part of our new program, got that? Go get your broom ready or else I will wake every single person in the dorms – "

"Alright – alright!" Harry hurriedly said, wanting nothing more than to shut his captain up. He reached over for his bedside table and took his glasses, bringing them to his face before proceeding to suit up in his Quidditch gear and uncovering his Nimbus 2000 from under his bed. "At the field in 15 minutes, Harry!" Wood shouted from the Common room.

His body felt all too heavy and far too light all at the same time, and as Harry descended the stairs into the common room, his senses failed him once more by the scalding white light that flashed in his eyes. "Blimey – "

"G'morning, Harry!" Colin Creevey cheerfully greeted, lowering his camera when Harry passed him by. Although his voice pained him like no other, Harry bit down on his tongue to stop himself from saying something nasty. "I'm in a hurry, Colin – I've got Quidditch practice."

"Oh! I've never seen a Quidditch practice before, wait for me!"

The sound of little, excitable footsteps followed Harry every step of the way. "It's quite boring, so don't raise your hopes." To no avail, Colin stayed by him and continued to pelt Harry with questions.

"If you and Emily are twins, then how is it that you two don't look all that alike?"

"We're fraternal."

"Who's the older one?"

"I am."

"Siblings usually get sorted in the same house, why aren't you in Slytherin – or why isn't she in Gryffindor?"

"That's a long story." When they had passed through into the Quidditch field, Harry ran to the locker room, leaving Colin but not before spotting him going up to the stands to watch them train for the season. Harry stood by Fred and George whose eyes were glazed over during Oliver's lengthy discussion for their new gameplay. Their captain referred heavily to the blackboard behind him that was plied with arrows that pointed all over the field so much that it began to look like it was moving on its own.

"That's basically it in a nutshell," Oliver happily ended his discussion and beamed at his teammates, "Does anyone have any questions for me?" He then let out a high whistle when he noticed Harry, Fred, and George nearly standing asleep in front of him. George brought an elbow to his brother's stomach, effectively bringing him back to consciousness. Fred bounced on his feet, his eyes widening in surprise when he noticed how close Wood was standing. "Yeah – Why didn't you tell us all this rubbish yesterday when we were awake"